Thread Posting Guidelines

Only thing I would say should be an infraction is when someone's point is simply the other political ideology sucks; whether its in long diatribe form or one liners. It adds nothing to the conversation and turns the conversation into childish bickering.

If you want to be racist or whatever I say it should be allowed.

Really? Who takes things seriously?
And I don't "get dubs", I've gotten them exactly once. I actually got them for stating that if someone were to believe absolutely batshit insane conspiracy theories, they were probably batshit insane.
There's a problem when you can't call insane people out on their insanity and explicitly call them insane. Instead these sorts of rules necessitate the passive-aggressive type of posting you erroneously attribute to me.

If someone posts racist nonsense, I don't see the problem with calling them a fucking racist. If someone is insane, I don't see a problem with calling them insane.

If someone is posting xenophobic or racist remarks then just report the post. Same goes for any insane conspiracy theory thread. Those will be moved to the Dump or Deleted.

hello Zankou,

could you assist me with something? i'm trying to get an answer as to why my OP, regarding life in Palestine and the difficult choices that ensue was buried in this thread,http://forums.sherdog.com/forums/f54/israel-vs-palestine-discussion-war-2014-a-2793221/, which is currently locked?

its difficult to continue the discussion i was having with a few folks - i'm sure this must be some mistake.

should i just rewrite and resubmit my thread?

- IGIT

IGIT I don't know why it was moved, but I can tell you that trying to keep all the Palestine/Israel threads organized so that they don't take up half the front page is a tricky and endless task. They are far and away the biggest offender in terms of people jamming the forum up; everybody is constantly posting new Palestine/Israel threads. So mods can't always do an ideal job of lining up and consolidating them ... a lot of material is going to get merged and a lot of threads get locked or deleted in order to keep the kind of diverse and readable threads on a variety of different subjects that the forum generally aims for. Inevitably this will tread on people's toes, and legitimate discussions are going to get cut short.

I would suggest always trying to first fit such discussions into an existing thread on Palestine/Israel, rather than trying to generate a new one.

"the kind of diverse and readable threads on a variety of different subjects that the forum generally aims for"

"far and away the biggest offender in terms of people jamming the forum up"

I'm curious, the content here is obviously user driven, just as the revenue is user generated. Who decides what "the forum generally aims for", is it Crave, mods, or users?

IGIT I don't know why it was moved, but I can tell you that trying to keep all the Palestine/Israel threads organized so that they don't take up half the front page is a tricky and endless task. They are far and away the biggest offender in terms of people jamming the forum up; everybody is constantly posting new Palestine/Israel threads. So mods can't always do an ideal job of lining up and consolidating them ... a lot of material is going to get merged and a lot of threads get locked or deleted in order to keep the kind of diverse and readable threads on a variety of different subjects that the forum generally aims for. Inevitably this will tread on people's toes, and legitimate discussions are going to get cut short.

I would suggest always trying to first fit such discussions into an existing thread on Palestine/Israel, rather than trying to generate a new one.

good morning Zankou,

ok, thanks!

- IGIT

Seems like this new rule didn't really take effect. War room was back to being a nursery school in a couple of weeks.

Seems like this new rule didn't really take effect. War room was back to being a nursery school in a couple of weeks.

No, the rule change regarding flaming is still active. If you're being flamed then just report the post.

No, the rule change regarding flaming is still active. If you're being flamed then just report the post.

I've seen flaming in plenty of threads, but the biggest thing now is poster see a thread they don't like and derail the thread. Lots of trolling and spamming threads with irrelevant nonsense.

I've seen flaming in plenty of threads, but the biggest thing now is poster see a thread they don't like and derail the thread. Lots of trolling and spamming threads with irrelevant nonsense.

Yeah, I get what you mean. Just have to report them when you see them since we only have a dozen or so active Mods, with the high traffic this site has we won't be able to see each violation.

So the whole ban for racist/bigot comments, why was this rule made and not enforced? Have you tried reading any of the top 10 threads?

So the whole ban for racist/bigot comments, why was this rule made and not enforced? Have you tried reading any of the top 10 threads?

You should report the posts if you're that upset over them. Have you tried reading the last page of this thread?

lol, bumping this. We've clearly started to loosen up on some of the guidelines this year.

Anyone think it's time to reassess the guidelines?

lol, bumping this. We've clearly started to loosen up on some of the guidelines this year.

I, for one, am looking forward to more farcical Hitler sympathy and also tirades about rival posters getting spanked until their ass turns red

I, for one, am looking forward to more farcical Hitler sympathy and also tirades about rival posters getting spanked until their ass turns red
I'm cool with that too, it's just funny reading the posts from a couple years ago and looking at where the WR is today. The optimist in me thinks that the crappy threads will die down after Trump's been in office for a 100 days or something.
It's funny to imagine a person waking up from a 2-year coma and coming to sherdog, looking at the "Guidelines" and then looking at, *picks a random thread* the Rachel Maddow thread on the first page and wondering what kind of Mickey Mouse operation the mods are running in this place. Either enforce the guidelines or change them.

We merged the threads together for now. Additions were going to be made in time but in general, that op is still very useful/ accurate for guidelines. More will be added in time but most of the time we've been putting it in the threads specific for the instance. For example, in a live shooter thread we add a note saying not to praise the shooter or celebrate the deaths of the victims. The longer you are around, the more aware you should be of what is and isn't allowed

Last edited:
Back