1. The official Sherdog Store is back! Check it out! » Discuss it here! »

Thread moved. Ignore please.

Discussion in 'MMA Betting Discussion' started by Naught2Sixty, May 13, 2018.

1. Naught2Sixty Red Belt

2. Gugabe Purple Belt

Moraes shouldn't be a dog here, IMO.

3. MT6ix Blue Belt

I really like Moraes here. I haven't done tape study yet but if the fight stays standing Moraes should win, too many weapons standing. Rivera is pretty good but pretty straightforward and nothing Moraes hasn't seen or wouldn't be able to handle.

4. mkess101 Not the hero he deserves, but the hero he needs

IDK. I like Moraes a lot but Jimmy has a lot of similarities to Frankie Edgar imo. When you have REALLY good technical boxing and distance control, you don't have to be super flashy. Plus Jimmy has a granite chin. With the line hovering around evens, that seems pretty accurate to me.

5. MT6ix Blue Belt

I like Moraes as a slight favourite. I haven't watched tape as of yet but I would say Frankie's wrestling is better than Rivera's and sets up his takedowns better.

Rivera has a good chin but if Moraes hits him with a knee shooting in if Rivera doesn't set up his shot properly, hard to see him walking through it. At the same time, Rivera is a good meat and potatoes striker and always game as you mentioned, so definitely not an easy fight for Moraes but as a pickem I like Moraes.

6. Gugabe Purple Belt

I'm not saying that Moraes should be out at like -200, but I cap this at like Moraes -130/Riviera +130

7. mkess101 Not the hero he deserves, but the hero he needs

I can buy that I guess. I really see it as a pick 'em, but slightly favoring either guy based on your own capping isn't crazy at all.