Thoughts on Big Dan's 5 second rule

Fahcough

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
The fight ended soon after so it didn't make a difference. Guessing the general consensus is the grappling/wrestle crowd boo'd Miragliotta's call and the strikers loved it. Did he even let Woodley stay there 20 seconds?

He needs to ref more belt matches. Quit stalling and fight.

That was preeeetty bullshit. Sure, nothing was happening but with the position they were in it was a game of inches... Would have given them at most 15 more seconds. That was just ridiculously quick though.

That was preeeetty bullshit. Sure, nothing was happening but with the position they were in it was a game of inches... Would have given them at most 15 more seconds. That was just ridiculously quick though.
What this nerd said.

Couldn't even finish saying TWood is trying to gas Robbie's arms, it may be the only way he makes it to round ..... BREAK! Come on, lets go. ok fight.

In the end it worked out alright for Woodley

It was a crazy quick break up and, as it turns out, had a major impact on the rest of the (short) fight.

Was he the same ref that stood up Rumble against Vitor? When he took him down and stayed in guard for literally 20 seconds before he got stood up and finished within the minute?

I don't think either guy moved when they got on the cage, before being broken up.

It was a feel out, and Robbie wasn't going to make the first move. It was going to get stupid, and maybe the call did help the fight in terms of entertainment, but I still didn't like it. I'm still a little curious to see what that exchange looks like.

He did pretty much the same thing when Vitor & Rumble fought. I was ok with it at the time as Rumble had fucked up his cut completely and was just trying to lie on Vitor.

It mat have been on the quick side. Its better than going the other way which is to let 2 fresh fighters get all gassed hugging for too long. Could have maybe waited a few more seconds to see if anything would happen.

I can get on board with guys burning energy on dirty boxing, dirty dancing not so much.

Back