Thoughts on "Armageddon" PreWO Drink

K

karateguy36

I've been comparing a lot of the pre-workout cocktails out there to try and see which ones are good and which ones are junk. Obviously NO-Xplode is the big one in the category, but personally it's far from my favourite. I'm not totally convinced in the benefits of arginine based NO products, but I do like the idea of getting a lot of quality products in one cocktail before a workout.

Obviously there are many products in this category. Horsepower, NanoVapor, Fast Twitch, Super Pump, SAN Fierce, and a hell of a lot more. But the one I think provides the best ingredients without much wasted space is the StarChemLabs Armageddon.

Of course they hide behind a proprietary blend, so I can't say how much of each ingredient is in the mix, but judging by their order on the ingredient list, the amounts seem fair.

It's a 25,000mg blend, and everything in it seems useful somehow. Here's the rundown in order:

Micronized Creatine Monohydrate - Good to see them still using mono, since it's the only version of creatine with a lot of studies backing it. Still the one I trust most.
L-Leucine - The main BCAA (you'll see the others farther down the list)
Taurine
Creatine Citrate - Not sure why it's there with the mono, but it's not a version that scares me.
L-Arginine - Notice it's not AAKG, and there is less of it than creatine and leucine, so they're obviously not overemphasizing the NO effect.
L-Tyrosine - One of my favourite energy supplements, gram for gram.
Guanidino propionic acid - helps the uptake of creatine if I recall correctly. It's in most creatine supplements these days.
Caffeine Anhydrous - For that pre-workout kick. Notice, less of it than L-Tyrosine.
Isoleucine and Valine - Other BCAA's
Beta-Alanine - The new King.
Histidine - Helps beta-alanine convert to carnosine I think (not positive)
Proline - Not sure
Cinnulin - Not sure
Rhodiola Rosea - Lots of anecdotal evidence to suggest it helps with cardio endurance. Not sure of any studies.
Vinpocetine - Aparently increases cerebral blood flow. Used in a lot of memory and concentration formulas.

This with 13g of carbs (4g sugar, 1g fiber) and B-Vitamins seems like an awesome mix to me. Certainly better than NO-Xplode. I've only tried a sample of it but I really enjoyed my workout with it. Not too jittery, but energized and strong.

What do you guys think based on the ingredients list? Would there be something you would definitely change? Has anyone made a custom mix that is better? I think I have my PostWO nutrition down, but the pre-workout is more complex it seems.

I'm not much a fan of cocktails like this, but as far as they go, it doesn't look too bad. If you aren't supplementing beta alanine on the side, there definetely isn't enough in it to make a difference. I prefer a simple drink with ~40g carbs, ~10g protein, 5g creatine, and 2g beta alanine, taken partly before and throughout my workout. I also take 200mg caffeine pre-workout in the form of No Doz.

I've tried NO-Xplode, NaNo-Vapor, and Expand.

Right now I am taking Black Powder by MRI. This is by far, the best of what I have tried. I can tell a huge difference im strength. I put on about 15 pounds on my bench in 3-4 weeks. The taste is awesome to. I highly recommend looking into it, and maybe even trying it....

I remember trying this stuff with a sample from arnold, I guess basically all I could get out of it was taste because I only had one pack, it wasnt bad. The rep at arnold gave us a whole 10 minute speech on the stuff, unfortunately.... I didnt listen

I've tried NO-Xplode, NaNo-Vapor, and Expand.

Right now I am taking Black Powder by MRI. This is by far, the best of what I have tried. I can tell a huge difference im strength. I put on about 15 pounds on my bench in 3-4 weeks. The taste is awesome to. I highly recommend looking into it, and maybe even trying it....

hmm, ive always been a no-xplode advocate but now i think ima try some black powder

good lookin out

expand is my personal favorite.
both my brother and my supplement guy got blotchy spots on their skin after taking armaggedon. needless to say i never tried it. take it for what its worth

It makes me poot. I use White Flood by Controlled Labs

Back