Thoughts on Ariel's new ESPN show?

It was better before when it was just one big MMA Hour show, now with it effectively split between Ariel and Luke and I feel a lot of people are watching neither.

i used to only tune in to Ariels show sporadically if there was a particular fighter on. I would tune in just for them then go again.

Ive actually found myself watching the whole of Luke's show because at 2 hours its a decent length to just have on in the background.

Ariels show Ive watched about 15 minutes of in total and that was Malki Kawa last week, andf frankly, having to watch it in a shitty twitter window, i aint watching any of it again unless its something really important.

I used to watch his show before but i dont fux with twitter so they lost me.

I don't even have to watch it to know it sucks donkey balls. As does anything that Ariel Helwani is involved with.

Indeed. Very interesting. Conor hasn't done Ariel's show for several years. The ESPN link is likely the crucial factor. At the same time, sending Conor on the show is perhaps an indication that the UFC is panicking over the lack of buzz for this fight. Outside the hardcore MMA bubble, the attention isn't there as yet, due to the remarkable lack of promotion. Wouldn't have happened if Lorenzo was running the show. The next few days are hugely important if the PPV is going to do a really big number.

Its fight week
It is when most of the promotion was always sched
Nobody is panicking
It should break every UFC record

His mma beat shows were great, Ariel has good chemistry with Luke Thomas, chuck the man with the hat, Jeff waganhine? And Danny seguro. They all need to be in room together talking mma.

Ariel going to ESPN made everything worse.

Ariel's new MMA Hour: Similar to the previous show but twitter streaming really sucks and not having the thing on youtube is a joke.
Luke Thomas MMA Hour: I don't hate Luke, but he sucks as a host. Also doing it at the same time as Ariel's show means he's getting not getting the best guests, at all.
Live chat: Raimondi? Enough said.

So everything got worse.

Two things

1.Ariel has way too many guests on his show. Nobody needs ten guests

2. Ariel has always been a careerist. Nothing wrong with that but lets just call it what it is. Ruining the Lesnar return surprise to further his own career......well

Two thing

2. Ariel has always been a careerist. Nothing wrong with that but lets just call it what it is. Ruining the Lesnar return surprise to further his own career......well

In hindsight, good for Ariel considering Dana's a petulant cunt and they knowingly let a juiced to the tits Lesnar fight. Fuck all of them.

Ariel going to ESPN made everything worse.

Ariel's new MMA Hour: Similar to the previous show but twitter streaming really sucks and not having the thing on youtube is a joke.
Luke Thomas MMA Hour: I don't hate Luke, but he sucks as a host. Also doing it at the same time as Ariel's show means he's getting not getting the best guests, at all.
Live chat: Raimondi? Enough said.

So everything got worse.

giphy.gif

Used to watch it when it streamed live on youtube. Now I just see short clips if someone links it. Typical espn - put it behind a paywall while decreasing access & quality.

Conor just won't do too much promotion, it's on UFC, he will show them that they are worthless and 50k bonus for doing promotion is laughable, especially when you have to promote week before fight, when weight cut is very hard (tbh he actually said something like that), combining promotion and weight cut was deadly for few fighters (including Ronda).
Who watch new Ariel's show anyway? It's waste of time.Conor going to Conan O'Brian will do a lot more.

Didn't Luke go on holiday for a couple of weeks and then the Beat disappears last week as well, not the way to retain viewers during a big change like Helwani leaving. The idea to move to another day is sensible. Luke waiting in vain for Joanna because Ariel had "accidentally" got her time slot on his show messed up was funny though.

Back