Those with braces.. OVER HERE

ANdyLaU

Orange Belt
Reaction score
Hi all... I will be putting on braces tomorrow and I am currently actively doing MT, I am very scared the braces will ruin my game.. seriously. Is a normal mouth piece enough to proctect my teeth during sparring? What should I do..Thanks

One of my friends boxes and he has braces, but he wears a double mouthpeice. I guess you should change to a double if you are wearing a single. On the sparring thing I guess try not to get hit in the face so often....?

ANdyLaU said:
Hi all... I will be putting on braces tomorrow and I am currently actively doing MT, I am very scared the braces will ruin my game.. seriously. Is a normal mouth piece enough to proctect my teeth during sparring? What should I do..Thanks

Dont get hit in the face and youll be fine

Of course! I know the best thing I can do is not getting hit in the face! lol But that aint being realistic. SO a typical double mouth piece will dop the trick ?

I remember from last year a lot of us used to go to a kids house that we knew during lunch. He had two pairs of boxing gloves so we used to I guess you could say "fight" each other. None of us really knew what we were doing and had no skill whatsoever but I remember one of the guys that was boxing he had braces and when he got punched it cut his gums up and broke his braces. He wasn't too happy about it.

ANdyLaU said:
Of course! I know the best thing I can do is not getting hit in the face! lol But that aint being realistic. SO a typical double mouth piece will dop the trick ?
yeah get a brain pad those r good

VietMTwarrior said:
i heard double mouth pieces r uncomfortable..
you have to adjust them to your mouth but once u do all that stuff there ok i use one myself

Go to your Orthodontist/Dentist, and ask him to make you a custom mouth guard.

Shock Doctor has mouthguards for people with braces. You should check them out if you can't afford the dentist made ones.

pSyKOaLby said:
Shock Doctor has mouthguards for people with braces. You should check them out if you can't afford the dentist made ones.

I tried a double and it was crap and I would drool
the braces one is nice
only the top teeth but works for some reason??? :D

go get the shock doctors for braces!!!!

Doubles do suck. I have braces and wearing the double makes me drool as well.

So i guess I will go with the shock doctors. haha
Thanks all

Back