Those knees to riggs!

dennisS66

hands up....chin down!
@red
Reaction score
sorry...don't know how to share link of the fight...but damn.. 3 or 4 shots clean to the forearm..haven't seen the xray...but i'm sure that bone is broke clean in half!

It´s easy for me to say, BUT that´s not how to defend for a knee with your forarms.

Camozzi quickly finishing someone? Good for him but that shows how badly Riggs is done. He should retire and make a Bellator comeback in 5 years.

I felt bad for Riggs. I feel like he's had some bad luck in his ufc run. The injury against Ben Saunders & now getting stopped really early. He was even rocked by a jab IIRC. I'd say give it one more fight & if he doesn't perform big time then hang em up.

sorry...don't know how to share link of the fight...but damn.. 3 or 4 shots clean to the forearm..haven't seen the xray...but i'm sure that bone is broke clean in half!
just brutal, good on Camozzi

It was an assault of beautiful, brutality. If we can only receive that glorious spectacle more often...

that´s not how to defend for a knee with your forarms.

I was taught the plant your feet and turtle method exactly as he executed it. I believe the idea is that the predator is supposed to mistake you for an inanimate object and leave you alone in due time. If he just held out for 10 or 12 more knees I think it would have worked.

I felt bad for Riggs. I feel like he's had some bad luck in his ufc run. The injury against Ben Saunders & now getting stopped really early. He was even rocked by a jab IIRC. I'd say give it one more fight & if he doesn't perform big time then hang em up.
agreed!

I'm a HUGE Riggs fan, but he did nothing to get out of the way and looks like a broken fight.. He's getting injured so easily in all his fights whether it's by coincidence or not, it's shitty to see. 32 going on 60

That was brutal shit. You could tell Riggs had some sort of fracture in his forearm even during the replay.

After seeing not one but two fighters get stopped by attempting to block kicks and knees with their forearms, I'm gonna say that head movement, parrying and footwork are definitely superior modes of defense as opposed to just "blocking"-- because blocking means you've already failed in the sense of leaving yourself in position to be hit. You're making the best of a bad situation, not putting yourself in good situations.

I'm a HUGE Riggs fan, but he did nothing to get out of the way and looks like a broken fight.. He's getting injured so easily in all his fights whether it's by coincidence or not, it's shitty to see. 32 going on 60
i doubt we see him fight again.

Back