• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Movies THOR: LOVE AND THUNDER (New Trailer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
FLWC-16.jpg

you aren't going see some sloppy french kiss in a disney marvel movie by 2 girls..

I feel like Disney is going to let you down on this one...
Probably. Before lesbian and bisexual female characters were more for the male gaze, I'm thinking this time around its going to be more for the SJW virtue signaling so they won't reduce the relationship to merely hot sexual interactions.

Hollywood about to give young LBGT people the same unrealistic standards that Disney gave straight women.

DAyum. Portman looks fine as hell there. She's aging great

Can’t wait for the trans rewrite of captain America

DAyum. Portman looks fine as hell there. She's aging great

Marvel announces lesbian subplot of next ‘Thor,’ teases future LGBT content in movies

nataliethor4-1200x800.jpg

The wildly-popular Marvel Cinematic Universe, previously one of Hollywood’s last bastions of entertainment that stayed mostly above the political and cultural fray, dipped its toe in LGBT “representation” with April’s Avengers: Endgame, and is slated to introduce a lesbian subplot with the next sequel for one of the team’s founding superheroes, the mighty Thor (Chris Hemsworth).

Marvel Studios announced its next two years’ worth of films and streaming series this weekend at San Diego Comic-Con, concluding with Thor: Love and Thunder in November 2021. The film will see Valkyrie (Tessa Thompson) continue as ruler of the titular hero’s surviving Asgardian people on Earth, including a development that LGBT activists have long demanded, but will likely surprise mass audiences.

“As new king, she needs to find her queen,”
Thompson told the crowd, io9 reports. “That will be her first order of business. She has some ideas. Keep you posted.” Marvel Studios president Kevin Feige subsequently confirmed the statement, but wouldn’t confirm the size or prominence of the subplot. “How that impacts the story remains to be seen with that level of representation you’ll see across our films, not in just Thor 4,” he said.

giphy.gif

Love and Thunder will also adapt a recent story from the comics in which Thor’s former love interest Jane Foster (Natalie Portman) takes over his name and powers, leading some left-wing fans to hope that she may become Valkyrie’s “queen” (Foster has been depicted as straight in both the comics and previous films, however, so this is pure speculation for the moment).

Continue reading

Well, nothing is sacred anymore. So if Hollywood is going to obliterate our favorite stories handed down through generations, I suggest we plan a surprise for Hollywood. When this movie comes out, and during the run up we should show excitement and exuberance for it and then when it comes out we should just save that money . That's right, just throw it into savings. We can take a healthy walk for that entertainment value or just about anything. But lets not encourage this filth that destroys our literary works and undermines our values.
So remember, smile and say "get woke, go broke", then without spending a dime, turn and walk away.

Oh no, a gay character? Maybe two??

Hope you guys don't catch gay when you watch it.

Not sure how I feel about Portman becoming the new Thor if that's what they are doing. I'll just have to watch and see but Portman has never been funny to me.

Probably. Before lesbian and bisexual female characters were more for the male gaze, I'm thinking this time around its going to be more for the SJW virtue signaling so they won't reduce the relationship to merely hot sexual interactions.

Yeah, that about captures it. I always thought this meme kind of sums it up.

85543445.jpg

Sherdog, and the previous audience that lesbian relationships were put on screen for, is him. The new audience is her.

Last edited:
Oh no, a gay character? Maybe two??

Hope you guys don't catch gay when you watch it.
They actually filmed a scene for Thor:Ragnarok that confirmed Valkyrie's bisexuality, but Disney cut it.

In a new Rolling Stone interview, Thompson reveals just how hard she and Taika Waititi fought to make Valkyrie’s bisexuality part of the film canon. The actress “[pitched] Waititi on making Valkyrie bisexual, based on her comic book relationship with anthropologist Annabelle Riggs.” This led to the director shooting “a glimpse of a woman walking out of Valkyrie’s bedroom.” Waititi tried to keep the scene, but Thompson tells Rolling Stone it was cut because it distracted from some “vital exposition.”​

So not only is Valkyrie in a gay relationship, but it predates the Thor movies. So much for the MCU gay narrative. And not only that, but the great SJW tyrant Disney was too scared to show it. lol 2 narratives BTFO. It was only when the actors and director kept prodding them that they eventually accepted it.

Will they be gay to fit the story, or will the story be fitted to them being gay?

They actually filmed a scene for Thor:Ragnarok that confirmed Valkyrie's bisexuality, but Disney cut it.

In a new Rolling Stone interview, Thompson reveals just how hard she and Taika Waititi fought to make Valkyrie’s bisexuality part of the film canon. The actress “[pitched] Waititi on making Valkyrie bisexual, based on her comic book relationship with anthropologist Annabelle Riggs.” This led to the director shooting “a glimpse of a woman walking out of Valkyrie’s bedroom.” Waititi tried to keep the scene, but Thompson tells Rolling Stone it was cut because it distracted from some “vital exposition.”​

So not only is Valkyrie in a gay relationship, but it predates the Thor movies. So much for the MCU gay narrative. And not only that, but the great SJW tyrant Disney was too scared to show it. lol 2 narratives BTFO. It was only when the actors and director kept prodding them that they eventually accepted it.

Yup and people still get all up in arms and say its "being forced down their throat" after 1 gay person is acknowledged.

People are fucking weak.

Fine stay home and write a negative review of a movie you've never seen that has a 90+% score on RT. :p

I freaking LOVE the Marvel movies. Favorite movies of all time but if they start putting this into the plots then I will just quit watching them.

Your family handed down Thor comics through generations? You know the Asgardians in the comics are aliens, right?

"B...but they're based on Norse mythology!" Egyptians arent crying that Egyptian gods were based on Apocalypse in the comics. They have created superhero explanations for all the world's myths. I don't see you complaining about them.

But I wish you luck on your boycott anyway. I applaud the spirit of civil disobedience in all forms, even if it's for something as stupid as protesting gay comic characters. True courage to stand up for the oppressed heterosexual.

Hey, this isn't like making a movie about Jesus deciding he'd rather bang some slut than die on the cross. Thor actually matters;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back