Movies THOR: LOVE AND THUNDER (New Trailer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Flash and Batman are not people

They are secret identities used by Bruce Wayne and Barry Allen respectively

Thor is not a secret identity he is a person

Thor is his name

Actually, in the Comics and the Animated show, it's often implied that Batman is the real personality, and Bruce Wayne is simply the mask her wears to pass as normal. In one of the Batman Beyond episodes, an enemy tries to manipulate Bruce Wayne by controlling his thoughts. It fails because Wayne quickly realises the thoughts he's hearing aren't his own,

"Bruce is not the name I call myself in my own head"

Last edited:
They’re all gonna make bank. You’re living in a dream world.

Remember when black panther was gonna fail?

It’s like the last few seasons of GoT.. everyone bitched, but everyone still watched.

Tho, I could see this failing kinda like the female Ghostbusters did. But I could also see it having financial success too while being panned by critics.

DC fans, "Pattinson as Batman? Worst. Casting. Ever!"

Marvel fans, "Hold our beers..."

That's their line-up? Well it seems that DC does not have to do anything to reach Marvel anymore, since it is sinking to DC's level by itself.
<mma3>

<{nope}>

I'm not over impressed by a lot of the Phase 4 movies either. Especially Transitioned Thor. But DC/WB's board would sacrifice their first born children for that kind of line up.

I'm curious.
How on Earth is Portman big enough to play Thor?
Well to be fair, it’s not like Gal Gadot is big enough to play WW. It’s more the concept of a Lady Thor that’s throws me off. Maybe they can work something out, but I’m not really interested watching a Portman movie. I just wanna see Thor. And after everything he’s been through, I’m not really interested in doing the whole Unworthy Thor thing. We saw that in the first film already.

Well to be fair, it’s not like Gal Gadot is big enough to play WW. It’s more the concept of a Lady Thor that’s throws me off. Maybe they can work something out, but I’m not really interested watching a Portman movie. I just wanna see Thor. And after everything he’s been through, I’m not really interested in doing the whole Unworthy Thor thing. We saw that in the first film already.
As well, I don't think Portman is a particularly good actress, not that Marvel movies need good acting.
I just don't see her waifish body being able to do the physically necessary action.

But they want a pretty Thorina, you can't cast some female body builder in the role even if that's what makes sense visually.

Portman simply cannot smile. She can grimace and wince, but you cannot spend your entire career doing this
source.gif

And not be affected by it.

They’re all gonna make bank. You’re living in a dream world.

Remember when black panther was gonna fail?
I knew someone would bring that up. Black Panther is a black character and the movie was decent. Just wait and watch.

One thing that jumps out to me is that MCU is very smart at strategic placement of films. Captain Marvel was something of a risk but it was released two months before Endgame when they hype for that film would be at an absolute fever pitch and would bolster box office returns. It performed incredibly.

Spidey gets the benefit of the fallout from the very well received Endgame and earns even more money than your typical Spider-Man film.

Black Widow has some hurdles in that its a prequel film and with a character who is deceased in the current time line, but, given that it is being released nine plus months after the previous MCU film (a far longer break than typical over the past few years) there will be a lot of interest and hype around it and it will probably do very well.

In other words, Feige and co. really know what they're doing.
I'm sure they do. I still predict big losses ahead for the MCU. We will see what happens.

Give me Beta Ray Bill over this crap. Now that would be worrhy watching.

Andy Signore doing a "Change My Mind" about this:

Update: January 6, 2020

Christian Bale in Talks to Join Chris Hemsworth in THOR: LOVE AND THUNDER

k7ffAjo.jpg

This casting news is hitting like a thunderbolt. Christian Bale is in talks to join Marvel Studios' Thor: Love and Thunder, The Hollywood Reporter has confirmed. Character details are being kept in Odin's Vault.

Chris Hemsworth is set to reprise his role as the God of Thunder, with Natalie Portman back in the mix, with her character Jane Foster taking on the mantle of Thor for this installment. Taika Waititi will return to the director's chair following 2017's Thor: Ragnarok, with Tessa Thompson also expected to return as Valkyrie.

Collider first reported the news of Bale's casting.

The actor played Bruce Wayne/Batman in Christopher Nolan's Dark Knighttrilogy, considered a high-water mark in comic book filmmaking. Bale has avoided franchises since the series concluded with 2012's The Dark Knight Rises, though he for a time flirted with a role in Solo: A Star Wars Story.

The actor is a four-time Oscar nominee and is currently in the awards season conversation with Fox's Ford v Ferrari. Bale won a best supporting actor Oscar for 2010's The Fighter.

Thor: Love and Thunder is set to open Nov. 5, 2021.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/christian-bale-talks-thor-love-thunder-1267315

Even Batman recognizes greatness when he sees it.

This is intriguing. I hope they make Portman get buff.

I'm hearing either Baldur or BRB.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back