Thompson has earned the shot more than Woodley.

Fight To Win

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Thompson vs. Lawler for something like UFC 200 is a no-brainer. Go ahead and book it. I mean, can you find a more fan-friendly title fight in terms of a style matchup. Holy crap... I could gush about that potential fight all day..

Woodley vs. Maia for the next shot at the winner of that fight, also a no-brainer. If either guy wins that they will clearly deserve it especially if it's decisive.

Money fight. It has to happen, and I'm sure the UFC will make it happen, unless they suddenly develop a strong dislike of money.

I agree. I'm literally salivating at the thought of Thompson vs. Lawler here.

I don't see how anyone could disagree. Woodley was only promised a title shot for Hendricks being unprofessional and pulling out.

Wonderboy built a 6 fight win streak and KO'd Hendricks.

Wonderboy will beat Lawler, he's been rocked in both of his last fights, it's only a matter of time.

I agree. I'm literally salivating at the thought of Thompson vs. Lawler here.

Can you imagine if Lawler pulls off his third FOTY candidate in around one year's time total? That would be completely insane... He's like the anti-GSP..

I feel like sitting around not fighting has left Woodley behind.

Not sure why he hasn't fought in so long. I know Hendricks fucked him when he missed weight, but he should be looking to stay active and relevant.

I like Woodley and before tonight I'd have said he's sitting right there at a title shot, but 'tis the repercussions of not being active.

Would be an epic fight can't see Robbie winning

Woodley vs Lawler wouldn't be a good fight anyway considering Lawler and Woodley are team mates.

Woodley would just have to be a good boy & fight a contender like Maia. No one cares about Woodley at this point.

Woodley broke his TV right after Bisping said give him a title shot

Yea, he deserves it. Woodley lost his title shot once he denied to fight Lombard and picked and choose.

1000% agree. Woodley was abut to get a TS by proxy because Hendricks got sick making weight. Not his fault, but T's parading around like he just did what Wonderboy did.

I don't see how anyone could disagree. Woodley was only promised a title shot for Hendricks being unprofessional and pulling out.

Wonderboy built a 6 fight win streak and KO'd Hendricks.
Woodley last fought in January 2015 and beat an overweight Gastelum. I do not get why he is going around saying he is a Number One contender. I would prefer Thompson or Condit as the guys to face Lawler again. Let Woodley face someone else.

Yea, he deserves it. Woodley lost his title shot once he denied to fight Lombard and picked and choose.

And fought Rory MacDonald instead, plus Lombard popped for steroids anyway.

Wonderboy will beat Lawler, he's been rocked in both of his last fights, it's only a matter of time.
I'm very sure he beats Lawler. Lawler's taken too much damage, and there're only so many hook kicks to the chin he can take.

I feel like sitting around not fighting has left Woodley behind.

Not sure why he hasn't fought in so long. I know Hendricks fucked him when he missed weight, but he should be looking to stay active and relevant.

I like Woodley and before tonight I'd have said he's sitting right there at a title shot, but 'tis the repercussions of not being active.
It definitely has. Even if the UFC still wanted to give it to him, the "What have you done for me lately" Mentality towards this sport has made his inactivity reflect really poorly on him. He now has no recent relevance to the division in the minds of most.

Back