this should be the reason why these dagestan fighters are good in the cage

Bumblebeef

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
look at this enviroment. perfect for a fighter.

tenor.gif

Living at high elevation makes their VO2 max higher. Add in that they live and breathe combat sports there and you've got a place that will make amazing MMA fighters.

Living at high elevation makes their VO2 max higher. Add in that they live and breathe combat sports there and you've got a place that will make amazing MMA fighters.

these places are very good for the mental as well.

He was drinking coffee on a cold mountain top. Seems like a nice, relaxing hike. This is basically me hunting in Suffolk Virginia when it’s deer season, and I’m a total pussy.

Top level mountaineers have hands down the best cardio out there

If climbing mountains and doing extreme wilderness shit can build an excellent fighter, Bear Grylls should train mma. He'd be the fucking GOAT.

He was drinking coffee on a cold mountain top. Seems like a nice, relaxing hike. This is basically me hunting in Suffolk Virginia when it’s deer season, and I’m a total pussy.

If you enjoy outdoors and a little bit of activity and fun go to Adventure Park in Virginia Beach. I went for my first time maybe 3 or 4 weeks ago and it was fun even in 20 degree whether.

I would be afraid a random bear comes to kill me.

If climbing mountains and doing extreme wilderness shit can build an excellent fighter, Bear Grylls should train mma. He'd be the fucking GOAT.

Exactly. I couldn't fight for shit, but recently I've started getting into mountaineering and even in this short time I've noticed I am much better at dodging punches and timing counter-strikes. Apparently after my next mountain hike I will unlock the teep kick.

Makhachev already training for his next bout in 2019?.. They've been giving him 1 bout per year for the last 2 years, same with a lot of the Russian fighters. At this rate might as well get lost in the mountains for 8 months.

This guy would be gassed with five minutes of grappling, Different sports have different cardio.

Yes you are very right but I will say, Ive been grappling for a really long time and Ive rolled with rock climbers new to grappling and they would hold up quite well muscle endurance wise. They said the two sports have a lot of parallels. And yes, true “mountaineers” are really really good rock climbers too.

Top level mountaineers have hands down the best cardio out there
endurance, not cardio.

Top mountaineers build their bodies for extremely long ventures. But they will rarely be explosive. I've known guys who did incredible himalayan expeditions and were tired after 10 minutes of bouldering.

Conor outworks him with 3 months of training imho

hahahahahahahhah
Conor DIES trying that shit.

That's years dedicated to mountaineering. And the stakes are your life. Ueli Steck passed in 2017....

Back