This PPV will sell above 1 million

Ananth

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
Sometimes I wonder if UFC muster up some controversy during the fight week to garner interest.

I understand changing the whole event to a different city is some what very high risk and is going to bring in backlash, but companies do take high risk gambles, especially promotional companies.

I wont be surprised if this is Jon Jones biggest PPV sell and makes him an household name in the US. Gustafsson is going to be a huge name win or lose as well.

I just went to Christmas... my bro in laws, etc. are all casuals and none of them seem to care much about this fight.

There isn't enough of a beef for it to sell that well. And Gus doesn't fight often enough for casuals to care about him.

It will sell because Jones is one of the biggest draws, but nowhere near 1 mil. I think 500-600.

Last edited:
I said this yesterday, fights like this can sell big if they have some controversy, this is truly a battle of good vs evil, it is what it is.

No chance this sells a million ppvs.

Not a chance. It will stream a million. Im calling it 275k ppv buys.

1 million? Lay off the psychedelic stuff.
giphy.gif

Jones did around 800k with DC on both times. Rest of the times he did around 400k. 1 mil? Nope....

Will be surprised if it passes 500k. Aside from his fights with DC, has Jon ever pulled impressive numbers?

you think a million people are paying to watch this fight? i don't think that is gonna happen.

giphy.gif

Not a chance. It will stream a million. Im calling it 275k ppv buys.
Jones is the most hated guy in the roster. Hate bring in buyers. You are way off your mark in ur prediction.

Unless there is a public protest to stop this ppv, it's going to sell huge. Everyone wants to see Gus take Jones' head clean off.

You can bet that 20-30K of those PPV buys are due to people who originally had tickets before the venue change, and now they won't be attending.

Jones is the most hated guy in the roster. Hate bring in buyers. You are way off your mark in ur prediction.

Unless there is a public protest to stop this ppv, it's going to sell huge. Everyone wants to see Gus take Jones' head clean off.
You couldn't be more wrong, as already stated Jones Cormier never broke 1mil. Gus has no cache due to inactivity Jones is a moderate draw, tops this ppv does is 600K more likely 350K - 450K. You're just wrong

You couldn't be more wrong, as already stated Jones Cormier never broke 1mil. Gus has no cache due to inactivity Jones is a moderate draw, tops this ppv does is 600K more likely 350K - 450K. You're just wrong

Jones is at an all time peak for hatred. I believe people will tune in to see him getting beat up. Let's see. This is going to sell better than the Cormier fights, just for the controversy this past few days.

Idk about all that, but I will say that my friends are all interested. Should have 7 or 8 bros over Saturday night & 229 was the only other time this year I was able to get people over for fights.

I'll go with 600k

lol no chance in hell it does a million.

nobody i know is ordering it, im for sure not.

not a penny of my money will ever trickle down to JJ or Cyborg.

Back