This is why Diaz is fighting GSP.

I might be the only one here that sees Diaz getting a late stoppage over GSP. GSP is no longer a cardio machine and will need to get a finish to beat Diaz. That won't happen and Diaz finishes an exhaused GSP in round 4 or 5. ;)

Agreed. Fun to discuss as a hypothetical bout, but MMA Fighting got the ball rolling by posting the story as if this is in the works. Never mind that the article itself included a tweet from Ariel Helwani saying, "Both men, quite recently, expressed very little interest in the fight."

Not to say it won't end up happening, or that it wouldn't make sense on some level for everyone involved, but for now it's not on the verge of happening. Plus, hard to imagine this fight as a three-round co-main, as Dana said he's trying to put together.
The problem is that people are using this as a reason to bash GSP and accuse him of ducking other fighters .

Lest be extra honest, Conor is gonna beat Nate again...and when that happens, Nates career will be over.

By making the GSP/Diaz fight, the UFC is in a no lose situation and will get two big cards out of a not so big talent, Nate Diaz.

GSP vs Diaz will sell because its GSP...and GSP will win easily.

So GSP rapes Diaz and then the Conor/Nate 3 fight still gets made and still sells as many PPVs as it ever would have, regardless of how badly GSP makes Nate look because its a trilogy fight that has to happen...too much money to be made.
The fight is just a rumor, genius.

Can you imagine if Nate pulled off a rare sub on GSP during the fight? I'm a fan of both guys but that happening would be a sherdog crasher for sure.

Then we get to see this...

qHkYJAO.gif

Nate just wants to get another good payday and I dont blame him. He will probably make 1-2 mill against GSP.

That is a good amount of money to make while getting destroyed.

I know his last fight was at MW, and he missed weight in his last 2 WW fights.
Wtf are you even talking about?

How about you post a source cause I don't recall GSP ever missing weight.

LOL at him not being able to make 170 when he said recently that he can make 155.

I might be the only one here that sees Diaz getting a late stoppage over GSP. GSP is no longer a cardio machine and will need to get a finish to beat Diaz. That won't happen and Diaz finishes an exhaused GSP in round 4 or 5. ;)
That is acutally a possibility. GSP cardio wasn't what it used to be vs Bisping. I wonder how much had to do with him fighting much heavier and being a bit sick.

Nick himself says in that article that he didn't walk up to the scale to see what GSP actually weighed, but claims he was 3 lbs over and you believe him?

You said GSP missed weight in his last 2 WW fights. He was 170 against Hendricks.

Are you high?

All angles and perspective me ol' fruit loaf. Ngannou looks 170lbs standing next to Hendricks.

Lest be extra honest, Conor is gonna beat Nate again...and when that happens, Nates career will be over.

By making the GSP/Diaz fight, the UFC is in a no lose situation and will get two big cards out of a not so big talent, Nate Diaz.

So GSP rapes Diaz and then the Conor/Nate 3 fight still gets made and still sells as many PPVs as it ever would have, regardless of how badly GSP makes Nate look because its a trilogy fight that has to happen...too much money to be made.

You realize Conor still hasn't "Beaten" Nate in the traditional sense right? In that his only victory over Nate is a majority draw.

I'd say it's more accurate that if Conor loses it's his career that will be over.

lol... yes Conor will beat nate again...erm... Nate will beat Conor again? hmmmm Id say Conors career would be over but he will just hand pick some bums like eddie and restart it back up ezpz.

Why exactly would anyone be so sure Conor will beat Nate? Can't you remember Conor choking and tapping for his life? So let's actually really be honest. If Nate gets Conor on the ground, it will be over fast as Conor has no ground game and Nate is a BJJ black belt. If it stays on the feet, it will be evenly matched, close like last time and could go either way as they are both really good strikers. I'm not sure how you come up with all this equaling a sure victory for Conor.

If we are in fact being honest, we would have to admit that Nate clearly beat Conor the first time and that Conor barely beat Nate the second time. Stating that Conor beating Nate is an obvious conclusion the third time based on their first 2 performances is a stretch. I could see Conor beating Nate the third time but I also would not be shocked if Nate managed to beat him again either.

Both get smoked like a cigarette by GSP. The Diaz bros are always entertaining to watch so he may still have a career if he loses to either.

Not so big talent? Stopped reading. You're clueless. Someone beats the supposed number 1 LW and he's "not so big talent"? New fans get worse and worse.

It's a lose lose. Your MW champ gave up belt to go fight a gatekeeper 2 weight classes down. It's not even a money fight. Nate isn't that exciting , he's a punching bag that says funny shit.
Nate and gsp will only fight for big money.. it clearly is a money fight

Conor won a coin toss by the judges. Nate Diaz choked out Conor, with no help from the judges.

Conor is still getting better, hasn't reached his ceiling and spent the last however many months working on strictly boxing for the Floyd fight.

Nate is what Nate is and im a Diaz fan.

Nate can only win by gas out and that didn't work the 2nd fight because Conor adjusted and didn't need to panic wrestle.

Back