This is very good for Jon jones

Tomaabro

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
From a business perspective, Jon Jones is getting more and more known by people. Today I walked into work and every non-MMA fan was talking about Jon Jones getting busted for coke.
Casual fans are going to tune in to watch Jon Jones lose because he's a bad influence on children. The same exact scenario of where Mayweather draws audience from, people who want to see him lose.
Not to mention, getting busted has him sent to rehab, which may have never happened if he never got caught.

Agree/ Disagree? Lets hear your thoughts..

I'm a believer in any publicity is good publicity.

I don't think so. He will very likely lose sponsors, might even have his title taken away...probably not, but who knows. I don't see any way this is good for him except for the fact that he might be "trending" for a couple days.

Drunk driving is certainly a much bigger offense than doing coke.

Hell, coke is pretty much becoming the new alcohol.

Jones survived the drunk driving just fine, this is gonna blow over in a heartbeat.

If Robert Downey Jr. can recover from his epic fall. Anyone can.

He is the biggest movie star on the planet now, but back in the 90's his life was in shambles.

Jon will be fine if he gets proper treatment.

I don't think so. He will very likely lose sponsors, might even have his title taken away...probably not, but who knows. I don't see any way this is good for him except for the fact that he might be "trending" for a couple days.

Well, until last month, the Sponsor "thing" was a potential mess for Jon. Since the new UFC deal, it is TOTALLY irrelevant to Jon.

There is no basis for stripping of a title whatsoever. Just stop this horse F!

I agree with the rehab part. Assuming that he really does have a problem and it is not just to save a little face. I hope he really gets the help he needs and a little humility in the process!

From a business perspective, Jon Jones is getting more and more known by people. Today I walked into work and every non-MMA fan was talking about Jon Jones getting busted for coke.
Casual fans are going to tune in to watch Jon Jones lose because he's a bad influence on children. The same exact scenario of where Mayweather draws audience from, people who want to see him lose.
Not to mention, getting busted has him sent to rehab, which may have never happened if he never got caught.

Agree/ Disagree? Lets hear your thoughts..

This was exactly what i posted earlier.
This is going to make him a big mainstream name.
He's going to be the biggest star in the ufc in the end.

Which Also explains the ufc and reebok getting behind him.

Drunk driving is certainly a much bigger offense than doing coke.

Hell, coke is pretty much becoming the new alcohol.

Jones survived the drunk driving just fine, this is gonna blow over in a heartbeat.

Strongly disagree. Alcohol is very accepted in the world. But doing cocaine, you'll always be known as a "cokehead". Mike Tyson will always be referred to as a "cokehead" its very frowned upon. Everyone drinks... and almost everyone has driven while drinking.

Jon 'Bad Boy' Jones, the naughty UFC champ

New marketing. He makes the weekly tabloids now.

Can we get off our holier than thou pedestals and stop acting like everything is such a big deal. Do we really care than Jones did/does coke or are we just happy to have something else to shit talk him about? Name the musician or actor that we hate because they have done drugs before?... And Lindsay Lohan doesn't count because just like Jones we have always hated her.

I dont know why anyone thought he was a good rolemodel for kids even before his little snorting incident. Dude has shown his true colors on more than one occassion and has fucking crashed his car in a DUI.

People are fast to forget I guess.

It might sell more PPV. I agree with that. Does not help with sponsors though.

Can we get off our holier than thou pedestals and stop acting like everything is such a big deal. Do we really care than Jones did/does coke or are we just happy to have something else to shit talk him about? Name the musician or actor that we hate because they have done drugs before?... And Lindsay Lohan doesn't count because just like Jones we have always hated her.

Personally idc what he does, I'm just interested in the business side of MMA as much as the actual sport itself.

Well, until last month, the Sponsor "thing" was a potential mess for Jon. Since the new UFC deal, it is TOTALLY irrelevant to Jon.

There is no basis for stripping of a title whatsoever. Just stop this horse F!

They have cut and disciplined fighters for testing positive for marijuana, why should coke be different? I mean, I dont give a fuck what the guy does but the UFC probably does and probably should.

Jones is one of the faces of the organization, if they let him getting busted for coke slide and allow him to casually resume business as usual as the LHW champ fighting the winner of Rumble/Gus after "rehab", i'd be surprised.

It might sell more PPV. I agree with that. Does not help with sponsors though.

I feel the PPV revenue will overshadow the loss of sponsorships. Reebok already stated they will stand behind him and he already lost the Nike deal.

Back