• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

This is absurd, how long are they going to let a healthy champion sit on the belt?

They let Werdum sit on the belt for longer while he was healthy and I didn't see anybody complaining, so I don't know why everybody is whining about Conor, what's the difference?

Werdum decided to go on vacation because he was oh, so active, even though Conor is more active than him. I agree that Conor should defend the belt next instead of going straight for the Nate rematch but still, nobody complained about Werdum sitting out for however long even though he was healthy. He only got injured when Stipe was supposed to replace Cain earlier this year, he had tons of time to defend the belt but didn't and nobody said shit.

They let Werdum sit on the belt for longer while he was healthy and I didn't see anybody complaining, so I don't know why everybody is whining about Conor, what's the difference?

Werdum decided to go on vacation because he was oh, so active, even though Conor is more active than him. I agree that Conor should defend the belt next instead of going straight for the Nate rematch but still, nobody complained about Werdum sitting out for however long even though he was healthy. He only got injured when Stipe was supposed to replace Cain earlier this year, he had tons of time to defend the belt but didn't and nobody said shit.
How many fights did werdum take without risking the belt?

Are you that dense you don't understand the problem is Mcgregor is healthy and taking fights without risking the belt before defending even once?

Did I call him a pussy? And he got his ass whooped by the #5 guy not the champ.

yeah. he went up to challenge for the title, and lost to the replacement. who he wants to fight again. all comfortably within a year from when he won the title. the complaining about the chain of events is absurd. nate stepped up and won. a rematch is a huge fight. aldo and edgar get an interim fight. shit happens. it's not like it is hard to understand.

meanwhile canelo vacated his title.

yeah. he went up to challenge for the title, and lost to the replacement. who he wants to fight again. all comfortably within a year from when he won the title. the complaining about the chain of events is absurd. nate stepped up and won. a rematch is a huge fight. aldo and edgar get an interim fight. shit happens. it's not like it is hard to understand.

meanwhile canelo vacated his title.
Yea that shit is absurd! Goes up to challenge the champ before defending the belt even once then gets his ass beat by the replacement who had no training camp and is ranked 5th and is booked for a rematch before defending the belt. If your head wasn't up Mcgregors ass you could see how dumb that shit is.

I hate to break it to you marks who spent years eating up Dana's bullshit, but MMA is no different than boxing.

Combat sports are about who draws the most money not who's actually the best.

Nothing will ever be as corrupt , broken and vile as boxing .... Not Chicago politics or Hollywood or the entire city of Detroit will ever be as slimy as boxing and boxing promoters.

Don't see the point of posting this whilst there is not a clear number 1 contender. The Aldo v Edgar fight makes perfect sense so nobody can bitch that the other was more deserving of the shot. If he is does not fight the winner of Also v Edgar after Nate he obviously needs to be stripped.

Don't see the point of posting this whilst there is not a clear number 1 contender. The Aldo v Edgar fight makes perfect sense so nobody can bitch that the other was more deserving of the shot. If he is does not fight the winner of Also v Edgar after Nate he obviously needs to be stripped.
Aldo was and still is the clear #1 contender.

I don't know if sitting on the belt is the best way to describe it

How old are you? Do you really want to hold everything a fighter says while talking shit against them? I'll fight him anytime anywhere is like the most cliche thing for a fighter to ever say and you expect them to hold to their word and fuck up their career just so some goof on the internet can be happy?

I'm fairly old actually. I might have tattoos that are older than you. But more importantly I'm very old school. I believe that a man's word is his bond. If you don't mean it, then don't fucking say it. And if you do say it then back it up. I'm really not sure why you would take issue with that.

This was not some off the cuff remark that Aldo made to some reporter on the fly. This was an unsolicited statement that he himself posted to his facebook. Did you even read it?

Aldo:

"Hi everyone, I was quiet for a while, because I was waiting for my rematch. In fact, I was already training for it, based on how the fight went down. But apparently I was wrong. So I wanted to make something clear to the UFC: for everything that I’ve done, everything I’ve accepted, and mostly how the fight ended, I will not accept any other fight other than a title shot. My only exception would be fighting Conor McGregor. At any time, anywhere, and since he is scared and knows that I’m gonna win… It doesn’t even have to be title fight against him. You can keep my belt. What I want is to whoop your ass. Again: any time, anywhere.
Dana WhiteLorenzo Fertitta, keep ur word. I still believe in the company that I work for
. ‪#‎rematch‬"

http://mmafrenzy.com/129312/jose-aldo-says-hell-fight-conor-mcgregor-anytime-anywhere-even-belt/

When a fighter goes out of his way to make a statement like this to his fans, why would you not expect him to follow through when the opportunity arises?

And yes I think that it would have been unwise for Aldo to accept a non-title fight with Conor, but the fact remains that Aldo did clearly request it. If that challenge was hyperbole it certainly didn't come off that way.

And I happen to like Aldo. I think that he is arguably the p4p GOAT. His fight against Edgar was the only time that I have ever rooted against him.

I'm fairly old actually. I might have tattoos that are older than you. But more importantly I'm very old school. I believe that a man's word is his bond. If you don't mean it, then don't fucking say it. And if you do say it then back it up. I'm really not sure why you would take issue with that.

This was not some off the cuff remark that Aldo made to some reporter on the fly. This was an unsolicited statement that he himself posted to his facebook. Did you even read it?

Aldo:

"Hi everyone, I was quiet for a while, because I was waiting for my rematch. In fact, I was already training for it, based on how the fight went down. But apparently I was wrong. So I wanted to make something clear to the UFC: for everything that I’ve done, everything I’ve accepted, and mostly how the fight ended, I will not accept any other fight other than a title shot. My only exception would be fighting Conor McGregor. At any time, anywhere, and since he is scared and knows that I’m gonna win… It doesn’t even have to be title fight against him. You can keep my belt. What I want is to whoop your ass. Again: any time, anywhere.
Dana WhiteLorenzo Fertitta, keep ur word. I still believe in the company that I work for
. ‪#‎rematch‬"

http://mmafrenzy.com/129312/jose-aldo-says-hell-fight-conor-mcgregor-anytime-anywhere-even-belt/

When a fighter goes out of his way to make a statement like this to his fans, why would you not expect him to follow through when the opportunity arises?

And yes I think that it would have been unwise for Aldo to accept a non-title fight with Conor, but the fact remains that Aldo did clearly request it. If that challenge was hyperbole it certainly didn't come off that way.

And I happen to like Aldo. I think that he is arguably the p4p GOAT. His fight against Edgar was the only time that I have ever rooted against him.
Dude you are childish. Grow the fuck up. You admit it would be dumb for him to do it but he should because he said on facebook once that he would?

Dude you are childish. Grow the fuck up. You admit it would be dumb for him to do it but he should because he said on facebook once that he would?

Again, please read his statement because I'm still not sure that you have. And if you did read it then you need to work on your reading comprehension. He made it very clear that redemption against Conor was his singular priority whether the title was involved or not. It was not vague.

He issued a challenge and then backpeddled when it was accepted. He came out of that looking bad. There is no way to spin that, but keep trying. Did you happen to notice that after Aldo demanded the Conor rematch, title or no title, he told Dana and Lorenzo to keep THEIR word, and then when he was actually given what he demanded he didn't keep his?

And I have no idea why you think that expecting a man to back up his words with actions is childish. It is quite the opposite actually. Like I said, if you don't mean it, then don't fucking say it. And if you don't want it, then don't ask for it. There is nothing childish about that.

Again, please read his statement because I'm still not sure that you have. And if you did read it then you need to work on your reading comprehension. He made it very clear that redemption against Conor was his singular priority whether the title was involved or not. It was not vague.

He issued a challenge and then backpeddled when it was accepted. He came out of that looking bad. There is no way to spin that, but keep trying. Did you happen to notice that after Aldo demanded the Conor rematch, title or no title, he told Dana and Lorenzo to keep THEIR word, and then when he was actually given what he demanded he didn't keep his?

And I have no idea why you think that expecting a man to back up his words with actions is childish. It is quite the opposite actually. Like I said, if you don't mean it, then don't fucking say it. And if you don't want it, then don't ask for it. There is nothing childish about that.

Keeping your word is for people above 30. Kids don't believe in that shit these days.

You must be like 13 lol fuck that keeping his word shit. He was talking trash he didn't promise to take his kid out for ice cream dumbass.

It's great that sherdog still has sensible People the place had been full of Conor enablers for ages

You must be like 13 lol fuck that keeping his word shit. He was talking trash he didn't promise to take his kid out for ice cream dumbass.

"So I wanted to make something clear to the UFC: for everything that I’ve done, everything I’ve accepted, and mostly how the fight ended, I will not accept any other fight other than a title shot. My only exception would be fighting Conor McGregor. At any time, anywhere, and since he is scared and knows that I’m gonna win… It doesn’t even have to be title fight against him. You can keep my belt. What I want is to whoop your ass. Again: any time, anywhere.
."

This was not a case of a fighter simply talking cliched trash. Aldo was telling Dana and Lorenzo EXACTLY what he wanted and in no uncertain terms. There is nothing hyperbolic about this statement. It is very genuine and clear.

And again, I like Aldo. You will not find one negative comment that I have said about Aldo outside of this situation, but that doesn't mean that I can't be objective. And in this situation he came off looking bad.

We are clearly from different generations if you think that keeping your word is for children. Now you are resorting to name calling, and I'm the one who is "childish"? I said that I probably have tattoos that are older than you. Now I think that I have a pair of Doc's that are probably older than you too.

Maybe we can keep this going for awhile. It is not a school night and your parents may let you stay up a little later if you do all your chores and ask them nicely.

"So I wanted to make something clear to the UFC: for everything that I’ve done, everything I’ve accepted, and mostly how the fight ended, I will not accept any other fight other than a title shot. My only exception would be fighting Conor McGregor. At any time, anywhere, and since he is scared and knows that I’m gonna win… It doesn’t even have to be title fight against him. You can keep my belt. What I want is to whoop your ass. Again: any time, anywhere.
."

This was not a case of a fighter simply talking cliched trash. Aldo was telling Dana and Lorenzo EXACTLY what he wanted and in no uncertain terms. There is nothing hyperbolic about this statement. It is very genuine and clear.

And again, I like Aldo. You will not find one negative comment that I have said about Aldo outside of this situation, but that doesn't mean that I can't be objective. And in this situation he came off looking bad.

We are clearly from different generations if you think that keeping your word is for children. Now you are resorting to name calling, and I'm the one who is "childish"? I said that I probably have tattoos that are older than you. Now I think that I have a pair of Doc's that are probably older than you too.

Maybe we can keep this going for awhile. It is not a school night and your parents may let you stay up a little later if you do all your chores and ask them nicely.
Lol Dude you are upset aldo didn't keep his "word" when he said"anytime, any place" and didn't accept a short notice non title fight with Mcgregor you admit would be a dumb move on his part... Don't put you idiocy on your generation.

Lol Dude you are upset aldo didn't keep his "word" when he said"anytime, any place" and didn't accept a short notice non title fight with Mcgregor you admit would be a dumb move on his part... Don't put you idiocy on your generation.

First of all, I don't get upset by talking mma on the internet. I'm not the one doing the name calling. That's all you.

Secondly, I do think that it would have been ill-advised to accept a non-title fight with Conor. But if you don't want a short notice fight, you probably shouldn't ask your promoter for one ... right? And make no mistake, that is exactly what Aldo was doing. That is an indisputable fact. The words are there in black and white.

There was also this from Aldo's head trainer about the possibility of being a short notice replacement:

Speaking to Brazilian MMA media outlet Portal do Vale Tudo, Pederneiras revealed that the 29-year-old’s obsession with the Irishman has led him back to the Nova Uniao gym, where he has already been putting in some light work in the hope that he will be handed a chance at redemption.

“That’s what he wants the most,” started Pederneiras. “He wants it so much that he’s already training conditioning, jiu-jitsu and boxing. Nothing too excessive, of course, but he wants to stay in shape. He’s not lazy. He will always be expecting that chance to get the fight on short notice, otherwise he might not get another chance. He’s got that notion in his mind so he’s staying active”.

http://www.punditarena.com/mmaufc/s...upon-to-fight-conor-mcgregor-on-short-notice/

Then when the fight was actually offered the head trainer said this:

"Dana (White) called me, telling what happened and asking if Aldo was in shape to fight," Pederneiras told Combate. "I said he wasn’t and that there wasn’t enough time, and unfortunately he wouldn’t be able to fight next week."

http://www.mmafighting.com/2016/2/2...shape-turned-down-offer-to-replace-rafael-dos

So, to sum it up, Aldo's head coach said that they were preparing to be a short notice fill in and Aldo said that he was fine with a non-title fight. Then the fight was offered and he did not take it.

Exactly how do you think that Aldo did not come out of this clusterfuck looking bad?

Back