• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

This card was one of the most bittersweet ever

Epicness

Rent-paying tenant cat
@Black
Reaction score
A ton of good fights, but all the marquee ones (at least IMO) were tainted in some way, bar Nunes shocking the world.

- Condit looking half decent then getting finished by one of the most intolerable crybabies on the roster

- Mendes looking great until his gas tank bit him in the ass, again. Although Volkanovski is a stud in his own right

- BJ getting tapped in like a minute for the first time in his career

- Arlovski/Harris eyepoke fest of a “fight”

- Zingano getting “tko’d” by Megan Andersons toenail...? I mean really..?

And to top it all off the biggest POS cheater in MMA is given a free pass yet again and a platform to shit on actual clean fighters. Disgusting

TL;DR: Thank god for Amanda Nunes

Shame on Gus for accepting a fight under these circumstances. Win should be overturned Jones is a pos even worse than his toxic cuck fan base

It shows the true state of the UFC. Behind all the promotional BS, there are real problems that reveal themselves. Moving an event for one fighter is a new low though. Haven’t seen that in other combat orgs.

Highlight of the night.

maxresdefault.jpg

Shame on Gus for accepting a fight under these circumstances. Win should be overturned Jones is a pos even worse than his toxic cuck fan base

Yep but there is no god and USADA/UFC basically gave Jones a pass to cheat for life

I’ve disliked fighters before for whatever reason, but this dude is a genuinely terrible human being and if he retires without ever getting flatlined it will be the biggest shame

Yep but there is no god and USADA/UFC basically gave Jones a pass to cheat for life

I’ve disliked fighters before for whatever reason, but this dude is a genuinely terrible human being and if he retires without ever getting flatlined it will be the biggest shame

Rumble was going to crack that chin. Instead Jones ran over a pregnant woman and relinquished his title. I guess that's one way to avoid getting KOd lol

Yeah but @shonuf is back so its all good really. That even made Arlovski vs Harris epic.

It was a sad day for fans of the "older" guard. I went 4-8 on my fight picks, just by picking fighters I liked. I picked Penn, Mendes, Condit, Arvloski, and Zingano. I knew not all of them would win, but figured 1 or 2 could at least.

It was a sad day for fans of the "older" guard. I went 4-8 on my fight picks, just by picking fighters I liked. I picked Penn, Mendes, Condit, Arvloski, and Zingano. I knew not all of them would win, but figured 1 or 2 could at least.
Lol that's sad. It's game over time for the oldies, time for a new age of fighters to begin.
I gotta say though, "The Great" Volkanovski impressed me with his movements and TD defence

100% Gus went for the easy money

Greatest card ever imo

Nunes KOing roider Cyborg and clean fighter Jones KOing eye poking woman beater Gustafsson

Lol that's sad. It's game over time for the oldies, time for a new age of fighters to begin.
I gotta say though, "The Great" Volkanovski impressed me with his movements and TD defence

Wouldnt exactly call Walt Harris, Chiesa, or Megan “new age” fighters...

And Volkanovski looked great but I feel like it was more of Chad being Chad and shitting the bed, once he looked gassed i knew it was over.

Volkanovski/Zabit for #1 contender if he beats Stephens would be epic

I fucking hate the guy too but can we stop with this shit. Roids or not, Jones is still one of the best. Im a huge critic of him for obvious reasons but he went out and just won the fight after a long suspension. Just give him the fuck you head nod and go on with your life

Everyone I rooted for lost, except Hall. Don't really like they guy but BJ Penn lovers are worse than McGregor fans. BJ is a solid fighter but would only be a top 5 ranked fighter now, not a GOAT. Pretty uneventful night IMO. Condit is one of my favorite all time fighters but the dude never took wrestling 101, or maybe just not strong enough for 170. Cant wait for Dillashaw to school Cejudo.

Not for me. I enjoyed watching Cyborg, Gus, Condit, Mendes & BJ lose.

Not a wmma fan, but really glad for Amanda doing that. Cyborg needed that shit so bad.

But why give a “dominant” champ, with a long reing, and goat status an immediate rematch but Aldo couldnt get one against Mac?

If Cyborg gets an immediate rematch, I want it to end juat as brutal. Get her the F O of here

I will remind you Gus got a family now and his biggest payday ever. Get it while you can. This is life folks. There are bills to pay. If he waited he would have risked a million dollars or more. Gus needed this fight. Smart move on his part. Legacy does not pay the Bills. I am responding to those who say Gus should not have taken this fight.

Nunes looked even more pulsing than cyborg

I fucking hate the guy too but can we stop with this shit. Roids or not, Jones is still one of the best. Im a huge critic of him for obvious reasons but he went out and just won the fight after a long suspension. Just give him the fuck you head nod and go on with your life
No sorry Jones can't get a pass for taking steroids. Great fighters don't need to cheat. This will never blow over because it's so wrong, Jones is a coward too scared to fight clean and UFC is allowing him to cheat. This will never go away

Back