• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Media Thirty six minutes and fifty nine seconds of whining and rationalizing a loss by Dominick Cruz

Yea but that’s just like....your opinion mannnn

My opinion of intelligent defense? Please tell me how you would defend in that situation, or what you would think constitutes "intelligent defense" in that position. I would like a detailed explanation so I can learn what this means.

He had no business in the fight in the first place. Dont get kneed in the face and knocked down then complain.

My opinion of intelligent defense? Please tell me how you would defend in that situation, or what you would think constitutes "intelligent defense" in that position. I would like a detailed explanation so I can learn what this means.
We get it you are butthurt and wanted Dom to win. My opinion and many others disagrees with yours. Dom could have spun into cejudos body, covered his head, grabbed a limb, specifically the arm to then drape it over him and avoid dmg, even could have tried to pull guard instead of trying to get up immediately, many ways other than eating double digit unanswered shots. Again we get it you disagree with the stoppage, ultimately no one cares.

We get it you are butthurt and wanted Dom to win. My opinion and many others disagrees with yours. Dom could have spun into cejudos body, covered his head, grabbed a limb, specifically the arm to then drape it over him and avoid dmg, even could have tried to pull guard instead of trying to get up immediately, many ways other than eating double digit unanswered shots. Again we get it you disagree with the stoppage, ultimately no one cares.

I wasn't rooting for Cruz.

How could he have grabbed anything or covered his head when his arms were tied up? Wouldn't he have to free his arms before he did anything else? Are you not aware that Cejudo tied up both arms immediately when he jumped on him? How can you protect your chin without arms? Tucking it? Watch it again.

I wasn't rooting for Cruz.

How could he have grabbed anything or covered his head when his arms were tied up? Wouldn't he have to free his arms before he did anything else? Are you not aware that Cejudo tied up both arms immediately when he jumped on him? How can you protect your chin without arms? Tucking it? Watch it again.
Weren’t you the one saying in this thread earlier Cruz was posting? In order to do that you need your arms in case you weren’t aware. Are you Dom Cruz? You sound a lot like him with all these excuses. Check the gifs in this thread for reference, If my eyes work correctly his arms are pretty free during the whole encounter. You should pry watch it again.....

Weren’t you the one saying in this thread earlier Cruz was posting? In order to do that you need your arms in case you weren’t aware. Are you Dom Cruz? You sound a lot like him with all these excuses. Check the gifs in this thread for reference, If my eyes work correctly his arms are pretty free during the whole encounter. You should pry watch it again.....

He posted up after freeing both hands. Watch it again.

Both arms are tied up when Cejudo pounces on him. He gets his arms out and starts to stand while tucking his chin in and away from the punches. Intelligent defense.

Watch it. Many times. In slow-mo. Keep mind of the time.

Both arms are tied up when Cejudo pounces on him. He gets his arms out and starts to stand while tucking his chin in and away from the punches. Intelligent defense.

I’ve seen it many times. Dom gets kneed, dropped, cejudo jumps in dominate position pelts him 10-12 times in the head as he flails around on the ground. Pretty straight forward encounter. The ref and many others saw the same thing and Peterson decided to have Dom avoid more damage than was already taking he would stop the fight. Mainly because the ref was looking for some of those defensive strategies I suggested and saw nothing from Dom. You can disagree that’s fine, but there are perfectly logical reasons why the fight was stopped.

It could have been stopped a second or two earlier and nobody would have complained, but it looked bad because Cruz recovered and started getting up

The ref probably made his decision a couple seconds before he jumped in, Cruz needs to let it go

I’ve seen it many times. Dom gets kneed, dropped, cejudo jumps in dominate position pelts him 10-12 times in the head as he flails around on the ground. Pretty straight forward encounter. The ref and many others saw the same thing and Peterson decided to have Dom avoid more damage than was already taking he would stop the fight. Mainly because the ref was looking for some of those defensive strategies I suggested and saw nothing from Dom. You can disagree that’s fine, but there are perfectly logical reasons why the fight was stopped.

Actually watch it, from different angles. Your interpretation is far from reality.

He posted AFTER Keith stepped in and broke it up. It's a classic case of, "I was fine" only because the Ref saved them so they could be fine.

Are you aware that it was a headbutt and a push that put him down, not the knee? Have you assessed the stoppage from all available angles?

It was a bad stoppage. The alcohol and cigarettes thing is weak, I agree, but if it's true it may have played a factor. Not saying it's true, we'll never know. However, Dom is right to be upset about the stoppage. It was bad.

How was the stoppage bad? He was dropped and was getting hammered. The only argument that I've heard that holds any water is that there was only seconds left in the round but even then its a stretch.

You are saying that alcohol and cigarettes may have played a factor? lol Dom is that you?

Refs can hear the sticks too, and should absolutely take it into consideration, especially in a title fight.

You are entitled to your opinion on whether or not Cruz was intelligently defending himself but your above statement is factually incorrect.

Referees are specifically told to disregard time and to, under no circumstances, let time in a round influence their decision. When you get certified as a referee in any combat sport, this is a thing.

The decision to stop a fight is solely based on whether they believe the fighter is intelligently defending themselves, not whether or not the fighter can ride out another 5 seconds.

Heh

I couldnt listen to that guy talk for 3 mins let alone 36

Early stoppage or not, Cejude would've won that fight.

And no here is not anywhere close to GOAT discussion, 2 months without MMA really messed you guys up.

knocked down by the knee.

knocked back down by a right hand as he was trying to come back up.

12 unanswered punches while he was in the turtle position.

the ref didn't fuck you over, dominick.

Yes he did screw him. He also lost the first round for Dominick by smelling like pcp and Olde English.

Cruz is slightly shorter than the average guy and it eats at him. Henry knows he's small he's come to terms with it and he built it into his character. Cruz hates that he's small and he hates even more that he got knocked out by an even smaller guy so that's why he's acting this way.

Cruz needs to accept his size it's not mentally healthy. I'm 5'7" and about 217 pounds of solid muscle right now, I've accepted it. He needs to as well for his own good, I know where he's at mentally right now and it's not a good place to be.

So you're advising to pack pounds to compensate for lack of height inches ?

Cruz is slightly shorter than the average guy and it eats at him. Henry knows he's small he's come to terms with it and he built it into his character. Cruz hates that he's small and he hates even more that he got knocked out by an even smaller guy so that's why he's acting this way.

Cruz needs to accept his size it's not mentally healthy. I'm 5'7" and about 217 pounds of solid muscle right now, I've accepted it. He needs to as well for his own good, I know where he's at mentally right now and it's not a good place to be.
Someone needs to ban you for not meeting the Sherdog height and weight criteria. Only 6’7”, 265 pounds and up are allowed.

Always going to be a Cruz fan but my boy is almost always salty

Back