Thinking of starting Judo

Thats funny that you said that have to learn to slow down. I'm the same way. I came from a judo background. I do work better when I do the moves more quickly then slowly.

Yeah i slowed down and it really helped me if iam on top i can control like crazy !

Honestly - about the gi - it depends on the instructor.

At our club we don't care. Come in a fully-patched bright orange gi and we'll still be OK, although we'll take the piss out of you (in a nice way).

I wear blue, white, blue+white (pants+gi) and blue/white+black (I have some black pants from somewhere).

Its all good as long as your attitude is OK.

For your first session just ask the instructor if it's OK. Just a small courtesy to check with him.

Just to be clear (this is not an anti-judo flame, I'm a judoka) there are some traditional judo clubs that will frown on BJJ gis, and frown on any other color but white or unbleached. If that's the case with the club you find, don't mistake adherence to tradition for bad training; there are some very bad-ass judoka, who are heavy duty traditionalists.

Judo is one of the more sexual martial arts, if u ask me...

Give me a Hell yeah!

Just show up with whatever gi you have and ask the instructor if its ok. I'm sure that there will be people that understand its the only gi you have. If someones an ass about it just ignore them. Just learn judo.

Back