thinking of enrolling in sport jujitsu tournament this weekend

vern_Fonk

Orange Belt
Reaction score
i have no striking whatsoever, but i have been doing bjj for almost 2 years. so might as well have some fun right? im gonna be in the brown belt category (which is supposed to translate to intermediate for bjj). i heard sjj is basically judo with strikes? therefore, im planning on just charging the guy and drop kicking him in the chest like hulk hogan (for the crowd) . does anyone know how competent sport jujitsu guys are on the ground? just out of curiosity.

It's much more tiring than just straight up BJJ. You'll need a solid plan for takedowns. I'm not sure, but I think they also stand you up after 15-30 seconds on the ground andyou get points for strikes on the ground (not full force strikes).

i have been doing bjj for almost 2 years. im gonna be in the brown belt category.

You got a brown belt after doing BJJ for just two years? I'm extremely new to the sport, but that doesn't sound right. Do you really advance belts that quick???

You got a brown belt after doing BJJ for just two years? I'm extremely new to the sport, but that doesn't sound right. Do you really advance belts that quick???

brown belt category for the sport tourney, which as he says, translates to the intermediate level for bjj, as he has 2 years of experience. and this kid i know told me he entered a tournament like the one ts mentioned. he was a wrestler and thought it was a grappling competition and was shocked as fuck when his opponent kicked him in the face.

brown belt category for the sport tourney, which as he says, translates to the intermediate level for bjj, as he has 2 years of experience. and this kid i know told me he entered a tournament like the one ts mentioned. he was a wrestler and thought it was a grappling competition and was shocked as fuck when his opponent kicked him in the face.

Haha maybe he should read the rules!

Back