Thiago Silva NC

DeformedGravy

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
On fight finder it says Thiago Silva has ANOTHER No Contest in his last outing versus Nedkov.

It says "Overturned by Promoter", so my question is in 2 parts.

1. What did he do this time? I can't remember if I heard or not.

2. Do you think he still deserves to be in the UFC? Sure he is UFC caliber, but he hasn't technically won a fight now since Jardine in '09. And even though he won the fights he received no contests in, he clearly broke the rules (in the Vera fight he couldn't even piss human, don't know about the Nedkov fight).

Weed
China does not have a AC?

They can feed Silva to somebody.

Busted for weed. I say let him stay, he's exciting and he's only hurting himself.

Its pretty hilarious that this dude is 1-3-2 in his last 6 fights.

Ah ok, I had heard that after the fight I think. Even though getting busted for the ganj isn't that bad out of the things he could have tested positive for, it still makes him and the UFC by extension look bad when everything is in a row like that on his record..

I'll be honest.

I'm sick of him.

We dont see the fucker for a year at a time, he comes back, looking nasty, then pops for something and disappears again.

Guy is (or at least was) way overrated anyway. Shertards were so distracted with his throat slashing and mean mugging that they forget to notice that he was beating sub-par competition and losing to good competition. But Shertards insisted that he was a top guy because he looked so mean, how could he not be a top tier fighter.

I'll be honest.

I'm sick of him.

We dont see the fucker for a year at a time, he comes back, looking nasty, then pops for something and disappears again.

I feel the same way.

I can't get excited to see his fights because regardless if he wins or loses, chances are he'll have a long layoff in between fights. And if he does happen to win, he still could test positive for something. He's essentially irrelevant in the division.

Ah ok, I had heard that after the fight I think. Even though getting busted for the ganj isn't that bad out of the things he could have tested positive for, it still makes him and the UFC by extension look bad when everything is in a row like that on his record..

to be fair it could be because of his back injury he's been dealing with since before the rashad fight. its bs he gets busted for bud. if he's not high during the fight i dont' see the problem.

to be fair it could be because of his back injury he's been dealing with since before the rashad fight. its bs he gets busted for bud. if he's not high during the fight i dont' see the problem.

I know hes had that back injury, but its not a valid excuse to inject any sort of PED into yourself. I felt for the guy, especially because he might have done much better against Rashad without the injury - and if he'd won the division might look a lot different right now. He should have just taken more time off.

And I'm on the same page as far as marijuana goes, but he should show a little restraint and not smoke. Hes a professional fighter, and regardless whether or not its right or wrong that they are prohibited to smoke he definitely shouldn't touch the stuff if doing so could deny him a win, like it did in his last fight.

Guy is (or at least was) way overrated anyway. Shertards were so distracted with his throat slashing and mean mugging that they forget to notice that he was beating sub-par competition and losing to good competition. But Shertards insisted that he was a top guy because he looked so mean, how could he not be a top tier fighter.

jesus shut up

He's exciting to watch, but a total derp. You can't wait til after your fight is done with to smoke up, so instead you do prior to the fight and end up getting ANOTHER NC. That just isn't smart, he should know that he's not gonna get away with it. However, if the UFC is going to test for THC, they should only test for active THC, meaning they just smoked within the day and they're probably high going into the fight. (To my understanding, that's how it works anyway). But as far as in between fights goes, they should be free to get as high as they want. Smoking up after a rough day at the gym can do wonders for the body, and mind, and is healthier than drinking.

Yeah the UFC do their own testing wherever there is no AC
I can't understand why fighters risk getting caught when they know this..

jesus shut up

Listen. I've had this argument on sherdog with shertards such as yourself. And when it comes down to it...the counter argument to why his best win is Jardine or that he loses to pretty much every top fighter he faces is always "he such a badass". Yes he looks tough but that's about it.

Back