Thiago Silva-GOAT you've never heard of.

He always reminded me of Ceril Abidi from K-1, always exciting to watch technical brawlers.

He was an absolute savage, but reckless and for the most part, one dimensional. His hype went through the roof when he mauled the (laughably) highly touted hype machine Houston Alexander.

He had promise but never developed his wrestling and ground game. Very good LHW. Not great.

He was like a human tornado. Fun to watch and a scary fighter. Not elite champion level but great.

People talk about the big four great LHW's maybe add in Forrest as a fifth. It's ignored that Thiago Silva was easily good enough to be in this group. He lost three fights to Machida, Gus and Shad was only finished by Machida. He also got two wins NC'd by the asterisk police. Has a 9-3 UFC record with 7 finishes. Better record than Forrest, better than Rampage, better record than Shogun or Hendo. Yet it's treated like this dude never existed. He was released from the UFC on a two fight win streak. Sure he was mediocre after leaving the UFC but that ain't the point cause no one knew that at the time.

He took a round from Shad at his very best. Did as well as anyone but Machida would have at the time.
giphy.gif

giphy.gif

GOAT YOU'VE NEVER HEARD OF.

Different convo.
but everybody has heard of him

at least on here

the bongos? the throat-slash?

and aren't we diluting the meaning of GOAT with this? Is there a GOAT color blind fighter?

People talk about the big four great LHW's maybe add in Forrest as a fifth. It's ignored that Thiago Silva was easily good enough to be in this group. He lost three fights to Machida, Gus and Shad was only finished by Machida. He also got two wins NC'd by the asterisk police. Has a 9-3 UFC record with 7 finishes. Better record than Forrest, better than Rampage, better record than Shogun or Hendo. Yet it's treated like this dude never existed. He was released from the UFC on a two fight win streak. Sure he was mediocre after leaving the UFC but that ain't the point cause no one knew that at the time.

He took a round from Shad at his very best. Did as well as anyone but Machida would have at the time.
Who in their right mind has Forrest as one of the great LHWs?

Thiago Silva better record than Shogun and Hendo? Are you high?
<{MindBrown}>

Obv four great LHW's refers to Shogun, Machida, Rashad and Rampage reference to the era where they dominated not the the four best ever.

Lol to the person who was like Jones, DC and Bader are the three best LHW's of all time never seen a setence that radiates "I'm a noob look at me!" more3 clearly.

but everybody has heard of him

at least on here

the bongos? the throat-slash?

and aren't we diluting the meaning of GOAT with this? Is there a GOAT color blind fighter?

I mean if there's a set amount of color blind fighters and one is better what are they? You tell me? Would making the goat title lower case help?

Who in their right mind has Forrest as one of the great LHWs?

Thiago Silva better record than Shogun and Hendo? Are you high?
<{MindBrown}>

Thiago Silva is 9-3 in the UFC with 7 finishes. Shogun's 10-8 and Hendo's like 9-9? That's just a fact that the record is better. Obv he isn't better those are some of the best to ever do it but his record is better. Rampage is 8-5 in the UFC with 3 finishes and Silva's record is better too.

I basically called Forrest the fifth or sixth best of his era. Maybe seventh. But he was champ and did beat Shogun and Rampage.

The fact that people hear best four LHW's and think I'm talking about the GOAT convo makes me feel old and sad and I'm barely old enough to drink.

I mean if there's a set amount of color blind fighters and one is better what are they? You tell me? Would making the goat title lower case help?

actually, yeah, it would

thanks man

Silva was a tough guy but to attach "goat" name in ANY kind of reference to mma is just senseless. I mean what ????

Ummm... he's not out of the discussion because he lost to guys like Gus, Rashad, and Machida... he's out of the discussion because he hasn't beaten anyone of note. His best wins are Houston Alexander and Keith Jardine...

Thiago Silva is 9-3 in the UFC with 7 finishes. Shogun's 10-8 and Hendo's like 9-9? That's just a fact that the record is better. Obv he isn't better those are some of the best to ever do it but his record is better. Rampage is 8-5 in the UFC with 3 finishes and Silva's record is better too.

I basically called Forrest the fifth or sixth best of his era. Maybe seventh. But he was champ and did beat Shogun and Rampage.
So you think UFC = MMA and you wanna ignore their accomplishments in Pride and other organizations?

Also you wanna just look at number of wins and losses while ignoring who they fought?

<DisgustingHHH>

There was a similar thread around a month ago. Almost feels like a manager or associate trying to gauge public interest in a big comeback...

Anyway, Silva was a cheat and a scumbag. He was a decent fighter, but never elite, and not really worthy of frequent reminiscence.

Back