Thiago Santos...good news & bad news

zxyss25

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Good News...Thiago Santos has another high profile fight against Rakic, that with a win could get him back to a possible title shot

Bad News...It looks like its not til March...why such the long delay? Santos was out for such a long time

I was hoping to see him back in December or January, and Rakic should be ready as well?

Now there's a chance the winner of Reyes/Jiri could jump Thiago for the next shot after Glover

I feel like that loss set him back quite a bit in terms of a title shot. Even if he wins this fight impressively he needs another 1-2 wins before we should even be talking about him for another title shot.

Too good an opponent too fast.

He should have started with Weidman or something, got his sea legs back before taking on killers.

He took a beating and might be on a month or two of a medical suspension maybe that’s why

I feel like that loss set him back quite a bit in terms of a title shot. Even if he wins this fight impressively he needs another 1-2 wins before we should even be talking about him for another title shot.
he got beat up by a 40 year old and showed no grappling whatsoever. i agree with you

A 5 month layoff after double knee surgery and getting choked out is a long delay? GTFO

Good News...Thiago Santos has another high profile fight against Rakic, that with a win could get him back to a possible title shot

Bad News...It looks like its not til March...why such the long delay? Santos was out for such a long time

I was hoping to see him back in December or January, and Rakic should be ready as well?

Now there's a chance the winner of Reyes/Jiri could jump Thiago for the next shot after Glover
Not sure why it's in March, that's a long time for booking even in non-covid times.

Jiri beating Reyes should get him a title shot, but it's also gonna be a 3 fight skid for Dom.
Same would go with Rakic and Santos, but Jiri should be first in line

A 5 month layoff after double knee surgery and getting choked out is a long delay? GTFO
He didn't get choked out. What are you talking about? He can come back quick, and probably wants to.

seems like santos just took a fight he could have got months later. he was upset and wanted a quick turn around and acted crazy im guessing.

first off rakic s going to destroy him, younger stronger a beast, next reyes lost, so if rakic wins he's next after glover.jiri has 1 ufc fight and fought a bunch of middleweights in rizin lol so not yet.next if you don't know santos just fought , and reyes fight is 5 months since his last fight when it hits february ...so it will be 4 months for sanotos to get ready...man you guys making these threads ,think before you post.

Rakic is more of a striker, so he should be fine. Two knee replacements or whatever he had takes time. One year with both knees is pushing it. Wrestling can destroy the knees, so im guessing he didn't train mush wrestling for Glover. Just got too tired.

A fight every 4/5 months, I don't see anything wrong with that

<Fedor23>

UMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM...he was out 15 months after his double knee surgery, and his Glover match was already postponed 2 months due to CoVid

Back