News Thiago Santos explains move to PFL,$1 million prize is ‘more than I made all these years in the UFC'

Yes but he might just shut up about "ufc pays me nothing"
He can say whatever he wants, if he is getting more money now then he is allowed to say it

Yes but he might just shut up about "ufc pays me nothing"
The company is not his friend. Just like they use fighters and get them to do favors and then turn around and release them with no consideration for the favors done,Thiago doesn't need to be nice. Also Dana has trash talked tons of former fighters, be it saying Anderson is done and no one should book him to fight.......After having him headline in his last UFC fight

I dont think its too unbelievable to imagine Santos would have a roughly equal bargaining position as did Pettis.
Pettis had significantly more bargaining power. Pettis was a former champ, is more exciting, and has a much better social platform to promote PFL (Pettis's 3 main social accounts have almost 3 million followers)

Of course I want money to make my nest egg. I don’t want to wait until it’s too late [in my career], like almost retiring, to fight one last fight and try a lot of money. No, I really want to fight. I know I still can do great things in MMA, I still have a few more years of fighting. The moment had to be now. New opportunities, better purse. Everything made me opt for the change

Ok but you gotta win it tho

Back