They Live vs The Princess Bride

Who wins

• Piper

• Andre

Results are only viewable after voting.
I can't think of a single man who could beat prime Andre the Giant in a real 1 v 1 fight to the death

Too big, too strong, too drunk, it'd be brutal like watching an elephant vs a dog

Bad News Brown challenged him to a 1v1 after a racist remark on a bus. Andre declined. News apparently admmited he may have got beat, but still. Bad News was a legit badass who obviously had some major balls to even think about challenging that beast.

That's a steal

Movies I bought off Amazon prime

Princess bride
Goodfellas
Logan
Dark knight
Training day
Thor Ragnarok
3 billboard outside ebbing Missouri
World war z
John wick 2
Anvegers infinity war
Predator
Good will hunting
Pulp fiction
No country for old men
Rounders
First blood
Step brothers
Godfather II
Once upon a time in Hollywood
Rambo part II
T2
Gladiator
Terminator

All 4 K for $5 each or free

Movies I bought off Amazon prime

Princess bride
Goodfellas
Logan
Dark knight
Training day
Thor Ragnarok
3 billboard outside ebbing Missouri
World war z
John wick 2
Anvegers infinity war
Predator
Good will hunting
Pulp fiction
No country for old men
Rounders
First blood
Step brothers
Godfather II
Once upon a time in Hollywood
Rambo part II
T2
Gladiator
Terminator

All 4 K for $5 each or free

Digital or dvd? That's a good list regardless.

Digital

All during black Friday cyber Monday or general sales plus I get a ton of credits either by complaints or selecting longer deliveries

I've become fond of digital. Used to think it was a less reliable investment but now I think it's about the same as a dvd and all things considered probably lasts longer because they arent subject to aging.

Bad News Brown challenged him to a 1v1 after a racist remark on a bus. Andre declined. News apparently admmited he may have got beat, but still. Bad News was a legit badass who obviously had some major balls to even think about challenging that beast.
BNB was an Olympic judoka. He WAS a legit badass. Idk if judo really helps in a fight with Andre, but still, Bad News was a legit tough guy.

Digital

All during black Friday cyber Monday or general sales plus I get a ton of credits either by complaints or selecting longer deliveries
Do you own the file, like copy it onto multiple drives, or can u only watch it via Prime?

PB is one of my all time Favs, loved that video game.

They live is right up there too

I think Princess Bride is slightly overrated. They Live wins.
Yeah, I always felt like it was operating in this style of camp that's based on a single negation. Where the joke is sort of, unironically 'everyone is an idiot except for us.' There's a lot of stuff like that and it's always felt outdated to me. The humor I mean.

I had been dating a girl for a bit and was still feeling things out about her when she came over to watch a movie (her idea). I asked what she wanted to watch so I could find it before she came over. Of course she said "I dunno anything is fine." I thought to myself, women always play head games or test men so maybe I'll do a movie test on her. I thought about Irreversible but I've seen multiple women cry during that movie so that was a no. Action? Nah, too obvious. I settled on The Princess Bride as it's a timeless classic, has good humor and just an overall well made movie with a cast that had incredible chemistry. We watched it and her reaction to it was "Meh. It's old and kind of boring." Instant turn-off and I ended things a couple weeks later.

Totally ridiculous behavior by myself but if you can't even appreciate this movie on a basic level, we probably have many other differing views. In the same way if a woman told me Black Sabbath was a "meh band" or Beksiński was a hack, my personal opinion of her would plummet.

I had been dating a girl for a bit and was still feeling things out about her when she came over to watch a movie (her idea). I asked what she wanted to watch so I could find it before she came over. Of course she said "I dunno anything is fine." I thought to myself, women always play head games or test men so maybe I'll do a movie test on her. I thought about Irreversible but I've seen multiple women cry during that movie so that was a no. Action? Nah, too obvious. I settled on The Princess Bride as it's a timeless classic, has good humor and just an overall well made movie with a cast that had incredible chemistry. We watched it and her reaction to it was "Meh. It's old and kind of boring." Instant turn-off and I ended things a couple weeks later.

Totally ridiculous behavior by myself but if you can't even appreciate this movie on a basic level, we probably have many other differing views. In the same way if a woman told me Black Sabbath was a "meh band" or Beksiński was a hack, my personal opinion of her would plummet.
That's not ridiculous behavior. That girl has no soul and probably kills cats for fun.

2 80's classics. I will not choose.

Maybe I interpreted it wrong. Clearly Princess Bride is in a league or two above They Live, like a lower-mid table championship side versus Champion's League winners for a given year.
I voted Roddie because HE edges Andre in their respective roles - both great, but one is the story and one is a heart warming member of the brute squad.

Princess Bride is legendary movie

Also @Bald1 needs to jump here and drop a +1 on the only acceptable answer of this poll

@Bald1 I'll leave this to you big fella.
Princess Bride is legendary movie

Also @Bald1 needs to jump here and drop a +1 on the only acceptable answer of this poll
Thanks for the heads up fellas!

No contest for this guy. The Princess Bride is an ageless, charming little movie. To vote against it is inconceivable sacrilege.

Back