These undeserved title shots are delegitimizing the sport

Ballsack Mcgee

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
Can you imagine for the superbowl the NFL just picked the 2 most popular teams every year so they could get the best ratings? Or any other fucking sport for their titles? It makes the belts a joke and meaningless. Therefore making the whole sport just a bunch of guys fighting each other as opposed to a competition to be the best fighter in each weight class. It loses all meaning as a real competitive sport. We're about to have Michael Bisping and Dan Henderson fight for the MW title. Does anyone really believe either of these guys are better than the top 5? This is becoming a joke.

Bisping just beat the number 1 guy. I understand you don't think Hendo deserved a shot. It's not Bispings fault he beat 2 top 5 MWs back to back. He is legit and deserves the belt.

Does anyone really believe either of these guys are better than the top 5? This is becoming a joke.

Apparently Bisping matches up decently against Rockhold, evidenced by him knocking him the absolute fuck out in 1 round

Bisping just beat the number 1 guy. I understand you don't think Hendo deserved a shot. It's not Bispings fault he beat 2 top 5 MWs back to back. He is legit and deserves the belt.

I agree because of the circumstances. The stars fucking aligned for Bisping and took full advantage like a true fighter and won. I don't take that away from him at all. But now it's time to correct that by giving him a real contender so the division can be set right again. Bisping is not the best in the MW division and we all know he'll lose to the big 4 at MW now.

Too late. Its already a joke. Having rankings in the UFC is for show only.

Apparently Bisping matches up decently against Rockhold, evidenced by him knocking him the absolute fuck out in 1 round

Luke took him lightly and you know that. Luke beats him in a rematch. Bisping knows it too. That's why he wants the Henderson fight. He wants to keep the belt a little longer and avenge his loss to Dan.

Conor choosing to take two circus fights outside his division was pretty much the trigger for these money fights/undeserved title shots. It is pretty stupid having Aldo and Edgar fight for the interim title whilst the champ is fully fit to fight.

The UFC started the sport down this path the minute they let Conor call the shots.

I agree because of the circumstances. The stars fucking aligned for Bisping and took full advantage like a true fighter and won. I don't take that away from him at all. But now it's time to correct that by giving him a real contender so the division can be set right again. Bisping is not the best in the MW division and we all know he'll lose to the big 4 at MW now.

I wouldn't be so quick. We all knew Rockhold would kill him. But he didn't. And Bisping matches up decently against Weidman, Jacare and Yoel. He wouldn't be a favourite but he has ways to win. But this isn't anything new. Look at CM Punk. Does he deserve to be in the UFC?

I would never wish injury upon someone but let's just say Henderson pulling out last minute wouldn't be the worst thing considering a legit 185 contender is also on the card. ;)

Luke took him lightly and you know that. Luke beats him in a rematch. Bisping knows it too. That's why he wants the Henderson fight. He wants to keep the belt a little longer and avenge his loss to Dan.

"Bisping won't beat Rockhold!"

"Okay, Bisping beat Rockhold... but he won't beat him again!"

pls stop

This is all RDAs fault then lol. Conor vs RDA was a legit match. Champion vs champion. I'll take that any time it's offered regardless of title defenses. Now this second Nate fight is meaningless and just for ratings and for Conors ego.

Wait until the fights actually happen. The hot potato belt changes have been worse. Keep in mind Diaz was a last minute replacement (held up FW belt), as was Bisping, even Miocic was an injury replacement. The Bisping/Hendo thing is a byproduct of this chaos. The UFC tried to make top level matchups, but the shocking upsets are the drivers.

And Rockhold beat Bisping but he won't beat him again?

No, it's an even fight. Bisping superior punches, Rockhold superior kicks. Rockhold has a great top game but Bisping has good TDD.

A far cry from not thinking he can be competitive with people in the top 5.

Wait until the fights actually happen. The hot potato belt changes have been worse. Keep in mind Diaz was a last minute replacement (held up FW belt), as was Bisping, even Miocic was an injury replacement. The Bisping/Hendo thing is a byproduct of this chaos. The UFC tried to make top level matchups, but the shocking upsets are the drivers.

I agree it's a byproduct but it could have been set correctly by giving Jacare or Yoel the title shot next.

The number of goofy title shots for the 205 belt definitely made that one half a joke over the years.

I mean, two consecutive MWs? Gus off a R1 KO loss? Machida on a 1-2 skid with zero relevant wins for two years?

I know LHW is a shallow-as-fuck talent pool, but damn, has that belt been shat on a few times.

No, it's an even fight. Bisping superior punches, Rockhold superior kicks. Rockhold has a great top game but Bisping has good TDD.

A far cry from not thinking he can be competitive with people in the top 5.

I'm not saying he'd get steamrolled or anything but he loses those fights.

The number of goofy title shots for the 205 belt definitely made that one half a joke over the years.

I mean, two consecutive MWs? Gus off a R1 KO loss? Machida on a 1-2 skid with zero relevant wins for two years?

I know LHW is a shallow-as-fuck talent pool, but damn, has that belt been shat on a few times.

I didn't have much of a problem with those because there were no real clear contenders at that time. Jones had cleared them all out. So what else do you do?

We're about to have Michael Bisping and Dan Henderson fight for the MW title. Does anyone really believe either of these guys are better than the top 5? This is becoming a joke.
Since Michael Bisping is currently a top 1 MW, I say yes.

Back