These so called "strikers" need to learn the jab

In MMA you learn, Superman punch, Overhand, spinning back fist, loadup hook, winding uppercut, and once you've got all that down, you start working on your jab. But you will never learn to parry.

TxvwatO.gif

Anyone who posts that gif exposes themself as someone who really doesnt understand boxing

That was simply a feeler jab to gauge range and measure his distance. There was never any intention on that jab to do damage

Yeah. He was trying to gauge range and measure distance ...... while retreating backwards.

giphy.gif

Yeah. He was trying to gauge range and measure distance ...... while retreating backwards.

giphy.gif
As if you cant measure distance and line up a shot on the back foot.

We have already established over the past few days of you trolling me that you know NOTHING about striking

If you truly think Conor had any intent on that jab then you are deluding yourself

Also, great fighters will sometimes end a combo with a jab to keep their opponent off set (in place/discourage covering distance/discourage return fire)

That feeler jab from Conor was to not only reaffirm himself of what the distance was but to keep Floyd back. Make him think etc. Floyd himself has great distance awareness so he simply kept walking forward

If you want to see Conor jab with actual intention then watch this

3500aac.jpg

And what were we talking about earlier...how great fighters end their combos with a jab?

Yeah, exactly. Conor is actually a truly educated boxer

Here was Conor putting on a jabbing clinic on your "god" Nate

GM_20161013_154118.gif

Stay salty and stay hating on Conor because he outclassed your "beloved" Nate while being a weight class smaller.

Nate fans truly are among the worst and least educated of MMA fans I've ever seen (only Conor haters are worse) You are both

Last edited:
Seriously.

It's like nobody in the UFC knows how to properly jab outside of the Diaz brothers (and Conor, who finally added it to his game after Diaz I).
The jab would have probably saved Cody a couple of times during that onslaught. A good jab prevents aggressive fighters from coming forward and it fcks with the timing

Because there is a common thought in mma that a jab doesn't work.
Which is weird because in my opinion, the jab is the foundation and single most important tool to setting up everything in the game. It could even be the great equalizer, look at what gsp did to koscheck with the jab, turned his eye into a big orange sponge looking thing.

Which is weird because in my opinion, the jab is the foundation and single most important tool to setting up everything in the game. It could even be the great equalizer, look at what gsp did to koscheck with the jab, turned his eye into a big orange sponge looking thing.

A jab obviously can work in MMA but I don't think its clearly as essential as in boxing due to both the smaller gloves and the effect of kicks.

Even probably the ultimate example of the jab used in MMA with Lawler/Rory 2 we still saw Robbie rocked by a highkick.

Silva, Gus, Swanson (didn't show it tonight but his jab sets up a lot of his awkward power shots), Cormier (uses it to dictate his range), Mousasi, poirier, ferguson, dariush all have solid jabs and use it to set up most their punches. Just because fighters don't spam them the entire fight doesn't mean they're not being used effectively.

Great. You guys woke up boxingislife aka nologic.

Thanks.

<{MindBrown}>

Whittaker
Mousasi
Jose
GSP
Conor
Nate
Adesanya
Gus
Dos Santos

Lol, we gotta keep this list and expand upon it for every time some boxing nerd comes up with this shit again.

Last edited:
Clearly not if his examples are the Diaz brothers and Conor
If he was an MMA fan he would know Diaz brothers aren't that good and were cheesing it with their length rather than particularly great jab.

it hurts when most people dont even have the basics.

the whole ladder would change with more money.

it hurts when most people dont even have the basics.

the whole ladder would change with more money.

You get in there and show them how it's done TS

giphy.gif
That moment when you can't gauge distance because you're on the backfoot.

o_O

Back