• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Social There were roughly 12 million Indians living in America when Europeans arrived, by 1900 there was just 237,000. How is that not a genocide?

And yet we have liberal asshats looking for votes by making up "committees" and referendums on restitution for slavery even in states where there were none. The last known living slave died over 50 years ago and slavery was abolished 160 years ago. You can't make this up. We have Native Americans suffering on reservations RIGHT NOW. True victims, not people claiming victimhood.

That's it cancel USA, country is done.

as about half native American I am waiting for those referendums.

I''ma let my boy Spike take this one ;)

"You won, alright? You came in, and you killed them and you took their land. That's what conquering nations do. It's what Caesar did, and he's not going around saying, 'I came, I conquered, I felt really bad about it!'

The history of the world is not people making friends. You had better weapons and you massacred them. End of story".

Buffy the Vampire Slayer.

Last edited:
Seriously of all the groups in America who claim victimhood, Native Americans have arguably the strongest case. They were indisputably the victims of genocide which neither history nor the American government is willing to acknowledge. The genocide of the Native Americans was probably the most persistent and effective eradication of any ethnic group in world history, and the fact that there are any living Native Americans at all is a miracle. There isn't a reparations package big enough to compensate for what was done to these people. At this point I would just settle for the truth being told. Every U.S. History textbook should have a chapter entitled "The Genocide of The Native Americans". No more pussyfooting around, there WAS A GENOCIDE!

But how many years of genocide was this for the Native Americans it was a few hundred years I would say. Compared to the genocide of the jews in WWII.

Last edited:
As a white male living on a street named after an Indian tribe that itself is a block away from another named street of a rival Indian tribe that mercilessly hunted and killed each other.
History ain’t our strong point but I think by definition we would have to commit mass murder on Indian Reservations.
Honestly some of those places are worse than death.

They shouldn’t have done that. Genocide was the wrong thing to do

Can you post the source that claims there are 237k American Indians left?

It was apparently based on the 1900 US census.

The 1900 Census enumerated Indians living in the general population and on reservations. In that year, the American Indian population totaled 237,196.

I''ma let my boy Spike take this one ;)

"You won, alright? You came in, and you killed them and you took their land. That's what conquering nations do. It's what Caesar did, and he's not going around saying, 'I came, I conquered, I felt really bad about it!'

The history of the world is not people making friends. You had better weapons and you massacred them. End of story".

Buffy the Vampire Slayer.

Actually the key to successful empire building is making people not want to rebel against you.

Maybe this mentality is why everyone wanted to stab him.

And yet we have liberal asshats looking for votes by making up "committees" and referendums on restitution for slavery even in states where there were none. The last known living slave died over 50 years ago and slavery was abolished 160 years ago. You can't make this up. We have Native Americans suffering on reservations RIGHT NOW. True victims, not people claiming victimhood.

Reparations are really about Jim Crow if you look into the arguments.

Actually the key to successful empire building is making people not want to rebel against you.

Maybe this mentality is why everyone wanted to stab him.

Machiavelli would probably agree with you on that. Although I would point out that the men who stabbed Caesar were themselves killed within a year of the assassination. Not a single one of the assassins survived. So whatever their motivations, it didn't do them much good in the end.

Last edited:
That's usually in the genocide discussion, albeit it is a particular one.

White colons weren't a unified force and had divergent agendas between nations, the same thing applies to Indians ; both had their occasionnal alliances and conflicts against "their own", as other have said it span several centuries and most of the killing was done by diseases ...

What happened to them is still sad.

Back