There needs to BE a change..

Paolo Delutis

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
There needs to be a change in judging, judges should be ranked by number of MMA fights theyve been apart of and those with the most should be reserved for title fights and should be responsible for notes on the scorecards for why they picked each fighter per round , there needs be accountability for bad judging...and inexperienced judges especially in title fights.

Plus the feed back from the notes can help fighters learn and improve on why they lost certain fights.

For example DJ won against henry but shitty judging without explaination or accountability said henry won..if you follow the criteria that mma is suppose to be judged on DJ wins 3 rounds to 2..now because the judges are somehow immune to being checked or cant be punished a long reigning champion who had records on the line got fucked..i would love to have seen notes as to why they scored rounds for henry and how those reflect the judging criteria..

This needs to stop..fighters are putting there lives and families well being into each fight and these judges are holding there lives in there hands and alot of the time there getting it wrong when it matters most..

Thoughts?

For example DJ won against henry but shitty judging without explaination or accountability said henry won

giphy.gif

I think your example is crap, but I agree with the general premis. There does need to be a way to evaluate the quality of a judge so that bigger fights have more experienced judges

That was a close match... They need to will run that back!

My idea is to have a series of new judges review the fight on tape backstage after it happens (and even watch it multiple times or in slow-mo if need be) to see if the ones the night of the fight got the decision right. If they didn't, they overturn the decision and award the fight to the rightful winner.

An opinion that matches the judging rules..so as much as its my opinion its also the opinion of those who made the rules..that wasnt me but i believe they should be followed..otherwise whats the point

There needs to be a change in your thread title.

There needs to BE a change

My idea is to have a series of new judges review the fight on tape backstage after it happens (and even watch it multiple times or in slow-mo if need be) to see if the ones the night of the fight got the decision right. If they didn't, they overturn the decision and award the fight to the rightful winner.

Cool idea..kinda like a judging council or board that reviews fights..maybe all spilts go to them automatically or something..interesting..but it also means more money and people to pay..

Competent judges would be cheaper and faster

There needs to be a change in judging, judges should be ranked by number of MMA fights theyve been apart of and those with the most should be reserved for title fights and should be responsible for notes on the scorecards for why they picked each fighter per round , there needs be accountability for bad judging...and inexperienced judges especially in title fights.

Plus the feed back from the notes can help fighters learn and improve on why they lost certain fights.

For example DJ won against henry but shitty judging without explaination or accountability said henry won..if you follow the criteria that mma is suppose to be judged on DJ wins 3 rounds to 2..now because the judges are somehow immune to being checked or cant be punished a long reigning champion who had records on the line got fucked..i would love to have seen notes as to why they scored rounds for henry and how those reflect the judging criteria..

This needs to stop..fighters are putting there lives and families well being into each fight and these judges are holding there lives in there hands and alot of the time there getting it wrong when it matters most..

Thoughts?
It all comes down to MMA Ideology...

The UFC´s always had a preference for wrestlers, when it comes to rules & fight configuration.

In the UFC, One TD with L&P is enough to get you the decision. Always been like that.

On a sidenote:Looked like there was a lil change in this Ideology after the Magny vs Riggs fight, but...

Last edited:
It should be like Uber were we can give judges a thumbs up or down after every fight to let the athletic commissions know what we think. Too many thumbs down = can't judge a fight anymore.

It should be like Uber were we can give judges a thumbs up or down after every fight to let the athletic commissions know what we think. Too many thumbs down = can't judge a fight anymore.

That would cool or the other judges are the ones voting being judged by your peers is much better and accurate then randoms..cuts the bullshits and butt hurt out..cool idea though

Back