Opinion There is no money to pay for education

FWIW, earlier this week, we received an email from our superintendent discussing the budget shortfalls due to COVID19. Soon, we will be given word regarding staffing for next year.

I assume there will be cuts to expenses and staffing.

Odd, because I assumed that most of the budget came from property taxes. I would think that would create a cushion. That is unless people can't pay rent, therefore, landlords can't pay property taxes.

No that is actually the end game of capitalism. Do whatever it takes to turn the most profit. Poison people, take their homes, buy up government leaders and have them pass legislation that helps your company, etc etc.

I tend to agree, I think that capitalism always figure out the best way to make money is to bribe the government to stifle your competition and give you subsidies . So in a way, capitalism might always become crony capitalism.

But I was speaking about the 'good' capitalism that is sold to us by the business community. Clearly they don't believe in 'good' capitalism, they want to try to piss on our leg and tell us it's raining by selling us on 'good' capitalism and delivering us crony capitalism.

Back