The Zero Protein Path

erco

Brown Belt
Reaction score
So, I've kept it under wraps, but I've been doing an experimental new diet since the beginning of the year. This is the end of the 3 month experiment, and so I'll give my review of what is essentially a zero protein diet.

Basically, my entire diet consists of leafy greens, pressed oils and some fruit. The idea is that proteins aren't actually 100% necessary for health, since your body can synthesize them. Instead, I focused on consuming only vegetable matter with 0 protein (lettuce greens, spinach, broccoli), refined carbohydrates (white bread, flour, sugar, etc.) and isolated fats (pressed olive oil, canola oil, fish oil) in order fulfill my calorie requirements. After the initial "breaking in" phase, your body goes into a perpetual state of amino-genesis. In this state, your constant consumption of carbs and fats will give you astounding amounts of energy. I'll admit, it was very difficult for the first two weeks, but after that it's been a breeze.

What happens after you achieve amino-genesis is that your body has to set it's ****bolic furnaces on overdrive in order to process and synthesize all the aminos missing from your diet. By keeping your protein consumption near 0, your body learns to scrounge for other sources of aminos (primarily adipose tissue), that eventually lead to an exponential increase in fat loss all while maintaining your strength levels.

Following this diet, I went from an initial weight of 174 lbs with 10.5% body fat down to 182 lbs and 7.5% body fat. That means, I started with ~18.3 lbs of fat, and finished with 13.65 lbs, while increasing lean mass by almost 13 lbs! The results speak for the efficacy of this "extreme" diet. Of course, I don't recommend it to everyone, since it requires incredible mental discipline and preparation.

To start, I recommend emptying your fridge and pantry of all meat, nuts, beans and dairy products. This will clear your field of view of protein, and help you reduce cravings. Once you do this, I recommend gorging on refined sugar, sodas and breads. Vegan cookies and such are excellent as they are both tastey and filling! Once your palette learns to accept this rapid influx of sugar, your body will follow suit. I dealt with the initial energy issues by dosing myself on caffeine. However, after a few weeks, I felt I needed less sleep and had even more stamina in the gym!

In my experiences, no protein diets are most optimal for bulking. They are hard to do, but the results are great.

What's awesome is that there are actually people out there who are eating close to this and think they're eating a balanced diet.

I've gorged on refined sugars, sodas, and bread for years and have nothing but great things to say about it.

I see what you did there.

Damn you erco! Had me going for a second until I remembered it's the 1st. You were about to make me happy, ha! I couldn't even do this diet and I'm vegan, ha!

God damn it, the first rule of zero protein dieting is don't talk about zero protein dieting! Now how are we gonna get an uber strength edge against the competition?

hahahah good one! Because its you, I almost believed it. Because its you, I knew it couldnt be true.

i should probably load up on the soda before bed time right? i heard they were slow digesting and they would probably be good for that amino genesis during those long night time hours

alright alright, ill go read the stickies

Well put together but I couldnt fall for that shit...not by you anyway, lol.

Ok you suckered me on that one...I should know better but i was just minutes ago talking about the All meat and only meat diet with a friend of mine so i was like hey...,maybe both extremes could work! although it sounds like the diet most fat people eat!

Wonder how many peoples lives you just screwed up.

3 months from now people will be comming back freaking how awful this diet worked for them. hahaa

ill admit until i read the replys i was beliving you, but i was thinking to myself, man i just cut everything out of my diet that thiis guy is now eating, what the hell!!!

anyways, good one, i bought it, for a bit anyways! Now what to do with the 10 flats of Mountain Dew i just ordered :D

Wonder how many peoples lives you just screwed up.

3 months from now people will be comming back freaking how awful this diet worked for them. hahaa

ill admit until i read the replys i was beliving you, but i was thinking to myself, man i just cut everything out of my diet that thiis guy is now eating, what the hell!!!

anyways, good one, i bought it, for a bit anyways! Now what to do with the 10 flats of Mountain Dew i just ordered :D

but man when they realize the got suckered they can change over to the high protein low car diet and the pounds will fly off!

Back