Television The X-Files 30th Anniversary complete rewatch thread

owen_taggart

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Yes, I know some person named Flippy already started a thread on The X-Files but, damn it, today is the 30th anniversary and I'd been looking forward to starting my own thread on it so, fuck it, that's what I'm gonna do.

Just got done watching S01E01 Pilot. Might only watch one episode per day while I'm still on my Cheers binge and then I've got my Frasier binge to start next Saturday when it's the 30th anniversary of that, but here's my favourite quote from the pilot,

Scully: You're saying that time disappeared. Time can't just disappear. It's a universal invariant!
Mulder: Not in this zip code!

If you had to pick one episode that you say is your favorite. Which one would it be?
No idea; it's so many years since I last watched this that many of them have just blurred into each other.

If you had to pick one episode that you say is your favorite. Which one would it be?
not my favourite but one of, if not the most important episode was Season 6 Episode 2 ''Drive''

3cg0r3w3loa61.jpg

X-Cops is my favorite episode, they nailed down a great found footage style horror flick before the concept got ran into the ground, that episode may even predate Blair Witch, great characters, great moments, and love the story how it's a take on how fear manifests itself, a story that has aged well in the post Covid political hysteria era we live in today.

That incest hillbilly episode still haunted me into my early twenties. I was way too young to watch that shit.

Many favourites but the most disturbing one was definitely the one with the inbred family.

Yeah can't say it's my "favorite" but if there's one episode I can't forget, it's that one lol. Inbred mama with no arms or legs getting passed around by her sons on a dolly, trying to "start a new family." Yeesh WTF. Supposedly that was the only episode of X-Files that Fox refused to rerun because it was too disturbing.

x-files-home.jpg

home5.width-800.jpg

Telling Scully she doesn't understand "the pride" of having kids.

latest

Banging mama in the trunk before leaving her in the trunk and driving off to a new location to "start a new family" with "Wonderful, Wonderful" blasting on the car radio.

<{clintugh}>

Last edited:
My wife loves this show. I don't think I've ever watched an episode.

“Never Again,” “Dreamland,” “Mulder and Scully Meet the Were-Monster,” and “The Lost Art of Forehead Sweat,” all come to mind. The episode about ‘Tooms’ does too, yet I wouldn’t list it as a favorite.

Out of the ones that came to mind, I have to go with ‘forehead sweat’ as my favorite, and it occurred during the later run of x-files, which featured a bad overarching main story. It was funny and interesting.

Overall, however, I have to say the episodes that move along the main story are skippable. After the first two seasons or so, the stuff about aliens, Mulder’s father and the government conspiracy to withhold the truth are, in a word, shit. I’m not sure how they came up with their convoluted explanation, but it’s pretty horrible, and I enjoyed the X-files.

Back