The WRAP - Wario Ranting About Podcasts

Wariowokecancel

You can cancel but you can’t wake
@Gold
Reaction score
A list of podcasts I listen to, have listened to and will not listen to.

Update: 15.12.2019
(figure it out - D/M/Y)

Main-eventers (I listen to all)
  • Post Wrestling aka old LAW Radio -great post event summaries, knowledgeable dudes, good interviews. Excellent stuff but ridiculous Patreon bonus episode costs = $6! Free shows are RAW, Smackdown. If you want a recap of what happened on the PPV, RAW or SD - listen to this or Wade Keller (free). Lots of G1, NJPW, etc. Some terrible Japanese stuff and lots of shilling.
  • Jim Cornette Experience- much better with Last. You know what you're getting with Cornette - Trump hate, complaining about some local shit, shilling his tours and then a lot of data based wrestling knowledge - he kept obsessive notes and doesn't bullshit like Brother Love. No patreon. Now with ads and Cornette catching the Last virus of lateness and missing on shows.
  • Bolin Alley on YT - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC3j9g7blXarr7bn7jlEZD3A - difficult to find but pretty awesome.
  • JC Drive-Thru- as above.
  • Wade Keller Pro Wrestling - obviously a major figure in wrestling, lots of plugs but you're getting a lot of shows for free. VIP is ad free and there are podcasts every day. WORTH YOUR MONEY.
  • Booking The Territory- 3 cool guys discuss SMW and NWA wrestling (am Patreon). Two shows a week, maybe the best podcast out there apart from Post Wrestling. Really good show with funny dudes and production values even if they call themselves an unprofessional wrestling podcast. Give them your $2. WORTH YOUR MONEY for their horribly dirty and funny Patreon episodes, including the 'Dallas Cowboys Rathouse' episode. They are totally unPC on Patreon. Very unpro.
  • Pro Wrestling Boom with Jason Powell - having a great run with great interviews.
  • Eastern Lariette- Strigga is cool and its good to get into NJPW during G1 season. Also rassling Kingdom is coming up.
  • Ron Fuller's Studcast- VERY VERY old stories but cool. Under Last network. Fuller family were wrong in the head.
  • What's Wrong With Wrestling - couple of funny dudes bit negative but they have fun.
  • Heated Conservations with Booker T - Booker being Booker. I don’t like the co host but Booker is funny.
  • Bell to Bell with Bobby Blaze - he's got the gift of gab, might burn out too soon with his Top 10 lists but he is a really funny cool guy.
  • Between the sheets - Zellner and Bixenspan - 5 hour podvasts! Better than 605 because they work hard and are always on time. This is one of the best podcasts out there BUT it's basically post-grad wrestling. They're not talking Roman Reigns and instagram posts but newspaper, Apter mag, dirt sheet, Japanese wrestlers, old interviews and book insight from decades ago. Unlistenable without a lot of patience and knowledge.
  • What Happened When- Conrad keeps Schiavone in line for sex jokes even if he has no real insight and knowledge. They have moved to a format where they watch a show and Schiavone does commentary again. Worked the marks about going off air. Getting much better because Tony isn’t a lying sociopath unlike Conrad’s other guys. But can be boring if Tony isn’t drunk enough.
  • Call to Arms - cool dudes chatting about wrestling and life. Very irregular.
  • Xpac 12360 - the 123 Kid talks life and wrestling and its cool and funny even if the ads are standard network bollocks but it’s fun to hear XPac telling people not to smoke weed.
  • Wrestlenomics Radio - financial analysis of WWE with data driven OCD that shows how much WWE bullshits media, investors and fans.
Mid-carders (asterisked if I listen to them)
  • Apter Chat - sucks too much bluechew and is the softball king but already has had Hogan, Sting, Cornette, Rey Mysterio and Kenny Bolin on. Kenny will probably be having a regular segment. Downgraded because of Bluechew ads and shitty jokes. GREAT GUESTS.
  • Killing the town with Cyrus and Lazenby - used to be with Storm but Storm got pissed at Callihan in Impact - too many ads but some goofy stories and perspective. Cyrus is cool for a dude who was the definition of midcarder. In 2018 he runs Impact and is major in NJPW so he's going corpo. Mainly NJPW and Impact news now that Lance is gone. Sorry, can’t listen because he talks more about toilets and getting drunk with Jericho in Tokyo than wrestling.
  • Kentucy Fried Wrestling - good stories but you need to be at least 40 and from the South or a real wrestling nut to appreciate it. I've been listening to Cornette for 8 years and I can't keep up with some of their discussions. *
  • Lucha Talk- cool, might get upgraded but I don't watch Mexican wrestling. Just listen to hear the shennanigans that AAA gets up to. Sardonic subtle tone. * SOMETIMES
  • The Raven Effect- meanders too much and tries too hard not to give a fuck. As in lazy.
  • E&C of Awesomeness- somebody tell them that kid stories are boring even for other parents. Getting a bit better thanks to Tommy. Fuck the Podcast One cross advertising with some fucking football/basketball/general bullshit.
  • Sonnen- can't tell the difference between Samartino and Hogan and his politics are shit but he does have some cool guests and certain introspection. Fuck the Podcast One cross advertising with some fucking football/basketball/general bullshit.
  • Wrestling Podcast About Nothing - funny dudes do lists. Pity that the intro from Seinfeld makes me want to kill somebody. *
  • The School of Morton - needs a lot of work production wise, good interview guys. I stopped listening because he says ‘this business’ more times a sentence than Russo says bro.
  • Konnan Keeping it 100- lots of ribbing and some very bad ads as well as politics from Disco but a lot of content and humor BUT its getting stale. Moved to some shitty podcast network, therefore downgraded. I ain’t listening.
  • Life After Wrestling - depressing. Check it out for stories if you can stand them.
  • Why It Ended - as above.
  • Jericho - great guy but don't care about his shit BUT he does sometimes have awesome guestsJericho - great guy but don't care about his shit BUT he does sometimes have awesome guests.
  • Mid South Wrestling - Hmm. Last and Mills show but I don’t know where to place it. It’s good but not BTT good. Last isn’t a good mix with Mills.
Jabronis (don't listen):
  • 605- used to be the best podcast out there even if it's only really about pre80s wrestling. Always LATE because Last overbooked himself. Lies about not taking advertising because he does. Also one episode a decade.
  • Cultaholic - the dudes from What Culture - they're trying to run it like a youtube video which seriously affects quality. They are shit and high on their shit like the Attitude Era dudes.
  • Something to Wrestle with Bruce Prichard- shitty lawyer ads and a lot of shilling but plenty of knowledge and wisdom. Schiavone is more honest but lacks the insider knowledge Bruce is concealing. I can't be bothered to listen any more but some of you will love it. Now its on the WWE network... BS. Also Conrad is morbidly obese. Also probably finished forever after Bruce...
  • upNXT Dave and Braden restarted their NXT stuff but then some dickery happened and Dave is off, I'm not listening.
  • MLW- getting really boring and unprofessional. This is a major mistake because the podcast lies at the foundation of all current MLW success. Konnan is back or some shit.
  • Stone Cold- boring ranch stories and killed Piper. Fuck him and his deer shit/roided rats.
  • JR- shitty shilling, ass kissing and impersonations. Don’t know if he dropped his own podcast to work with Mortgage Man but fuck that. Is he working with Conrad?
  • Wrestlezone - Russo aesthetics in 2019. As in fucking dubstep intro.
  • The Sheet- bunch of hipsters fucking around and laughing at each other's jokes.
  • Kevin Sullivan / MSL - too much old man talk from a dude who thinks he knows everything (he's full of shit about non-wrestling history) and ass kissing from MSL. Sullivan really pissed me off. He can stick his 'it's not rocket science' up his ass. Also he's a blatant fucking liar that is constantly changing his narrative. Also old episodes of Nitro don't fucking interest me except when done in a sarcastic manner (Keeping it 2000) and not the dick suck MSL way.
  • Attitude Era - 2 other dudes can't stop keep Kefin "I need to have the last word always especially when the other dudes said something funny because I'm a fucking Irish cunt like McGregor with issues about needing to be liked" Mahon - the early episodes are good to great but currently its a pile of stinking SHITE because of Mahon. Avoid the new, listen to the old.
  • Breaking Kayfabe with Jeff Bowdren - there must be 7 podcasts with Breaking Kayfabe in the name - checking it out. Update - fuck this motherfucker - fucking college fucking football motherfucker.
  • How2Wrestling - Kefin is not funny, thinks he is, bursts into laughing fits with his pliant gf and often pisses me off. Completely scripted despite pretending not to be.
Insane Clown Wrestling level talent (nail my balls to a stool):
  • Russo - fuck him by gawd, bro. Will never listen to even if he gets a call from Roddy Piper in wrestler heaven.
  • Kevin Gill - as above but with PMA and a love for ICP.
  • Colt Cabana - smug asshole.
  • 83 Weeks - you're a liar, Bischoff.
  • Simon Miller's Pro-Wrestling Podcast - suck my dick.
  • Going Broadway with Matt Koon - bye.
  • Marty and Sarah suck wrestler cock - more irritating than any of the above.
Young boys:

Grilling with JR - Another Conrad podcast. Fuck that.

RIP HOF:
  • Keeping it 2000 - funny and good while it lasted but life caught up with them. Nitro 2000 recaps.
  • Roddy Piper- after Earl Skakel turned up to keep Roddy on program. Austin got the podcast cancelled after an impersonator did a podcast as Austin. Roddy died a week later of stress. Fuck Austin.
  • Austin Idol - smug and irritating despite Brian Last acting as co-host, had some good guests, cancelled. Might be coming back but will still be jabroni.
  • Bischoff on Wrestling- Biggest lying cunty bullshitter apart from Russo. Also has a Wrestlezone cohost. Plus Eric is a Republinut. He gave up. Fuck him and his tv shows nobody has ever heard about, lying cunt.
  • Hacksaw Jim Duggan - couldn't stand the pace.
  • Ric Flair - was mostly drunk.
  • Down and Dirty with Dutch Mantell - great stories but he talked too much college football - downgraded after all his bullshit and politics. Came back from hiatus and then disappeared again.
Anything to add?

If you want to listen to a minimum and for free - these are the essentials.
1) Post Wrestling for current wrestling.
2) Free Wade Keller for current wrestling.
3) JCE to learn something - you might hate his commie ass.
4) BTT to learn even more and laugh your ass off. Start from the beginning of the Smokey Mountain episodes.
5) Bolin Alley.

Most of the other podcasts are pretty hardcore, especially the 605 and Between The Sheets.

If there is a podcast in hiatus, that I don't listen to, let mne know.

Last edited:
Was really looking forward to Starmaker Bolins new podcast but his son and daughter in law ruin it with their smug obnoxious lectures and stereotypical college kid ignorant know it all-ness
I actually agree with them about the Russo situation but they just come off as such assholes when they try to make their points
Want to continue listening because Kenny is hilarious but I dont know if I can sit through any more of those two

Also if anyone wants to listen to a non wrestling but extremely hilarious podcast I highly recommend Never Not Funny
Its kinda like a morning radio drive time show with guests, games and random chatter about the events of the day
So fucking funny

Bischoff on Wrestling is pretty good

Best ones, in my opinion:
The Lapsed Fan
Bruce Prichard podcast
Colt Cabana podcast

I listened to the first 2 episodes of The Attitude Era Podcast and it's good so far.

Steve and Larson Going in Raw is by far the best wrestling podcast.

I like Killing the Town with Lance Storm and Cyrus (Jackyl/Don Callis). Although since Callis got signed by NJPW to do commentary there's a lot of NJPW related talk and promotion which isn't my cup of tea.

Weekly I listen to:

- Solomonster Sounds Off
- Live Audio Wrestling
- Review a Raw (LAW network)
-Review a Smackdown! (Law network)
-Keep it 2000 (Law network) technically bi-weekly, a former WWE writer and another dude review year 2000 Nitros.
- We Watch Wrestling - Three comedians, two are livelong fans, one is a former WWE writer (Wrote a lot of the Team Hell No stuff) and then one guy who recently got into it a few years ago. Funny stuff.
- Something to Wrestle With Bruce Prichard (THE BEST, fucking hilarious. Bruce's impressions are amazing)
- What Happened When (Actually made me like Tony Shciavone who I despised in the attitude era)

Sometimes I listen to Ryan Satin's Sheet Podcast and Review a Wai if the subject interests me and sometimes Talk is Jericho and Stone Cold's podcast if they interview somebody I want to listen to.

OSW Reviews are good but very sporadic with uploading content.

Sheet is unlistenable IMO. Satin is only good on Konnan.

Thanks to this thread, the Tony Schiavone podcast has taken over my life.

I like xpac 1 2 3 359

And Lillian Garcia podcast as well always makes me very cry <DCrying>

Back