The worst movies based on a video game

By default, Tomb Raider for a certain reason. Judge for yourself. You didn't like the first Mortal Kombat movie either?

Actually, as far as action movies go, the first Mortal Kombat wasn't too shabby at all. Perhaps I should clarify that I meant other than the first MK movie.

Actually, as far as action movies go, the first Mortal Kombat wasn't too shabby at all. Perhaps I should clarify that I meant other than the first MK movie.

The first Mortal Kombat movie is one of the only ones being discussed that I've seen along with the Mario Brothers one and Resident Evil. I would say it's pretty shabby even for a crappy action movie. Mortal Kombat makes Eraser look like Frost/Nixon.

I say House of the Dead - and I suspect anyone who says I am completely wrong has never so much as tried to last through 10 minutes of it.

Also, has there EVER been a movie based on a video game that was actually good? Ever?

I sat through that whole turd with the "insert coin here" part and laughed so hard. Who funds this shit? Children are starving and this ********** gets at least hundreds of dollars to fund that total piece of shit movie

Max Payne was the only half-decent one.
All the others were parodies more than anything.

jcvd's street fighter looked like a comedy film. too many wtf lol moments, like Zangief screaming "turn off the TV!" or Ken guessing Chun-li was a ballerina or a figure skater...

Of those movies I've only seen Max Payne, and it was really disappointing.

I say House of the Dead - and I suspect anyone who says I am completely wrong has never so much as tried to last through 10 minutes of it.

Also, has there EVER been a movie based on a video game that was actually good? Ever?
Prince of Persia and the first Silent Hill weren't bad. The Final Fantasy animated feature might be the best of the bunch. Then you've got the first Mortal Kombat and Angelina Jolie's Tomb Raider. But yeah, not sure if there's one I'd call a "good" movie.

Bloodrayne gets my vote. Max Payne was pretty up there though.

You need an option in the poll for "all of the above"

srs they are all fuarking awful.

Other.
Silent Hill.
Had so much potential and ended up a pile of crap.

Edit: If we include board games than Dungeons & Dragons is BY FAR the worst imo.

All of those films are utter garbage except for the original Street Fighter.

I'm surprised I've actually seen all but one of these movies lol.

For me it's by far House of the Dead. The awful voice acting in House of the Dead 2 looked like The Godfather compared to that abomination of a movie. Not only is it the worst video game movie I've ever seen, it's the worst movie I've ever seen, period.

Street fighter. At least MK kinda made sense for why all those character's were in that setting. SF just had all these dumb gimmicks that were good and bad fighting each other and teaming up for little reason.

I don't get the hate for Super Mario Bros. There wasn't much potential there anyways and it turned out okay. Shitty movie but still better than SF

Mario.

MK Annihilation is the type of campy cheesy trash that would be considered awesome if it was on the Sci Fi network. It's shitty, but at least a little amusing IMO. Mario is just absolute nonsensical garbage start to finish

I don't get the hate for Super Mario Bros. There wasn't much potential there anyways and it turned out okay.

WTF?

nope1.gif

John Leguizamo...

Jesus what a pile of shit Mario was.

Mortal Kombat: Annihilation by a country mile. At least Super Mario Bros. had Dennis Hopper.

When I first watched Super Mario Bros, I remember thinking "wait, this isn't what I signed up for"

And flame me if you must, but I enjoyed Max Payne.

Max Payne was by no means a good movie, but it wasn't nearly as bad as people let on. It doesn't belong anywhere near a list of "worst movies based on a video game," a genre that has produced some of the worst movies of recent times.

Back