The weird thing about MMA that people don't get

High, but I truly believe that Cain would beat JDS 8 out of 10 times. Doesn't make Cain the better fighter. You have to remember that we're talking about the highest level of fighters. There are so many of them with so many styles.
Just because you believe it, doesn't make it true.

#shertard#wannabejournalist#mmamaths#ballsdeep#delusional#manlet

Just because you believe it, doesn't make it true.

#shertard#wannabejournalist#mmamaths#ballsdeep#delusional#manlet
That's why I kept saying in this thread 'IMO'. This is a message board where we give out our opinions and discuss it.

#pillowbiter

Crocop/Barnett?

Barnett probably had the single best win in prime Nog. And the longer relevance.

Cc probably the better fighter at his peak.

You might assume that cc wins 10/10 based on his 3/3 but in reality in the first fight, Barnett took him down and had a freak injury.

If The UFC would make a stipulation that a champion has to defend his title at least once every certain number of days, then you could say the best fighter is the one who held the heavyweight title belt for the longest period of time. It would prove consistency, durability, and the ability to defend the title successfully against a variety of opponents with different styles.

The way things are with The UFC allowing a "champion" to hold onto the belt even if he goes a whole year without even defending it once, the length of title reigns is meaningless.

When people talk like this, you know they have never done this sport before.

Trust me, when a guy beats me, he is better than me. When I beat him, I am better than him.

There are fluke fights, but they are rare, IE fluke.

When people talk like this, you know they have never done this sport before.

Trust me, when a guy beats me, he is better than me. When I beat him, I am better than him.

There are fluke fights, but they are rare, IE fluke.
Lol. I've seen too many interviews from the pros that were admitting that there was so much luck involved. Frank Mir several years ago explained in detail in a long interview that he would never want his son competing in mma because there was just too much luck involved. He talked about the injuries going into fights and fluke wins. He would never advise someone to get into MMA unless they had to, to make a living, because who everyone thinks is the best is a lot of the time not the best. GSP was the only fighter I ever saw who I thought was truly the best of the best without question, because he played it carefully and had the skill to do it. And I'm not even a fan of his.

Its a semi sport based for weirdos i wouldnt read into it too much

If you get beat 10 times in a row, the other guy is better lol. This makes no sense...............

I believe the opposite. If a fighter beats another, they're simply better until proven otherwise. All we can do is look at the evidence. If Fighter A beats Fighter B, A is simply better than B.

Lol. I've seen too many interviews from the pros that were admitting that there was so much luck involved. Frank Mir several years ago explained in detail in a long interview that he would never want his son competing in mma because there was just too much luck involved. He talked about the injuries going into fights and fluke wins. He would never advise someone to get into MMA unless they had to, to make a living, because who everyone thinks is the best is a lot of the time not the best. GSP was the only fighter I ever saw who I thought was truly the best of the best without question, because he played it carefully and had the skill to do it. And I'm not even a fan of his.

There really is no luck.
It comes down to how you've trained, the techniques you've learned and the will you have to fight.

Things that people consider lucky, were made possible by footwork, placement, thought and timing. The fighter might even view it as luck, this just shows that they are not egotistical. Their coaches will tell you it's not luck. Tons of work goes into these things and while something may look lucky and spectacular, skill set that moment up before it took place.

There really is no luck.
It comes down to how you've trained, the techniques you've learned and the will you have to fight.

Things that people consider lucky, were made possible by footwork, placement, thought and timing. The fighter might even view it as luck, this just shows that they are not egotistical. Their coaches will tell you it's not luck. Tons of work goes into these things and while something may look lucky and spectacular, skill set that moment up before it took place.
Okay....."stochasticity "?

The idea that the outcome of a fight is not the only deterministic outcome. It's just the one that happened.

High, but I truly believe that Cain would beat JDS 8 out of 10 times. Doesn't make Cain the better fighter. You have to remember that we're talking about the highest level of fighters. There are so many of them with so many styles.

Cain is most definitely a better fighter and it's not even close in my mind.

Cain is most definitely a better fighter and it's not even close in my mind.

Here is the thing, I actually wanted JDS to be the better fighter, but Cain has proven it over and over. His ground domination, his standing tenacity, he is a damn good fighter and has proven his worth.

The statements some people are making, are born of ignorance.

Seriously, glove up.

Step into a cage with a trained fighter, even for light sparring. Come out of that and talk to me about luck and other magical bullshit.

It amazes me that the same people that insult the idea of God, as being a "Magic man in the sky", believe in magic, mystical shit happening in a cage fight.

As if a fight in a cage is somehow the qualifier for creating magical things.

Gtfo.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back