• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

The weight cut is effect max

ArtardFiesta

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
EDIT: title should say affecting

He looks slow and isn't as active as usual.

He is also still pale and yellow like he was during fight week.

He isn't winning this fight as Volks fight IQ is to high.

It's a shame because he looks to small for LW. But it seems like that is where he needs to go. I guess he could put on weight like porier did before he goes on his run.

I hope we aren’t witnessing the “slowing down” process of Holloway. He looks off tonight for sure. :(

Volk punching him in the face are affecting him a bit more.

The speed differential is too large right now. Volk has been much more offensive this time and it is paying off.

Max is crushing my soul right now. He has to stop trying to out wit Alex and just go for it. Hes trying the same fucking strategy as the previous 2. Looking like a 50-45 incoming.

It's not the weight cut, it's Volk, he's too technical, and too fast. All around he's the better fighter. Has been since their 1st encounter.

"At the end of the day, it is what it is"

- Every Max interview ever.

Max must forgot he was the "heat". Dude has looked frozen from round one on. Easy W for Volk.

I don't know if it's the weight cut or what. Max has seemed different than usual all week. Way more emotional. I think a lot of what we're seeing tonight is Volk is very on and Max is off. It is what it is. Gotta give Volk his credit.

I thought he looked a bit slower against Yair too. He's added some wrinkles to his game but he's also been in so many wars he might be exiting his physical prime. Not to take away from Volk, he's looking sensational.

So making 145 consistently for years and dominating and it didn't affect him until this fight? Interesting...

So making 145 consistently for years and dominating and it didn't affect him until this fight? Interesting...

he looked much different this fight week vs others

yellow skin, sunken cheeks more than usual, holocaust look. and worst after the cut he didn't look any better.

Compare this to how volk looked yesterday. it is night and day.

also really slow and not as active as he normally is. the cut didn't help.

he looked much different this fight week vs others

yellow skin, sunken cheeks more than usual, holocaust look. and worst after the cut he didn't look any better.

Compare this to how volk looked yesterday. it is night and day.

also really slow and not as active as he normally is. the cut didn't help.
He always looks like a zombie on the scale no matter what so nothing out of the ordinary in that aspect. He looked slow because Volk's leg kicks, sharp jabs and movements were effecting his game and beating him up. This sounds like coping, bro

Back