• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

The War Room Bet Thread V3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Damn. Ginsburg in hospital

Lol. Now you just play dumb?

Why not bet on what you accused me of when you brought me up in this thread. Or better yet, why not just back it up. Honorable thing, Right? Why am I willing to bet on this and you are not?

I accepted your bet on it. It's an active bet. Recorded already.

I’m glad I do not get respect from a guy who stalks those on the Internet who embarrass him. Why would I want anything from a grown man who does that? Think about it for a minute, don’t just autopost back. Just sit and think about what kind of grown man does this. Why are you literally the only poster not banned who engages like that? I Honestly can not think of another poster who continually acts the way you do that is not banned.

Er, very obviously your description of me is inaccurate. And I see that you've again refused to explain your rapist thing.

Tempted to join the fun, but I feel like I have some obligation to be gracious in victory.

Thanks.

This is somewhat disappointing. I think if you had a model, and it gave you the kind of certainty that you were expressing, it would be definitively proved to be poor. As it is, your qualitative "model" should be considered to be poor (I could have told you before that talking to people in the district about their impressions would not be of any use, that the campaign would know exactly how many people of every demographic were in the district, and that if the primary were predictive that would be figured into Silver's approach). But anyway, thanks for the explanation.

I don't think he's a favorite, though it's going to be close. My general thinking is that GDP growth is pretty unpredictable, but I think the prediction was higher than we should expect from any random period *and* that we're facing some headwinds, while I think he's motivated by nothing more than hackery combined with the foolish belief that GDP growth is generally a reflection of presidential performance. I'd rather lose that one, as it reflects good news if I do.

Here it is. This has never been nor have I ever posted this belief. This accusation is a far cry from someone stating policy can have an impact on GDP

@Jack V Savage

He got you.

"I think he's motivated by nothing more than hackery combined with the foolish belief that GDP growth is generally a reflection of presidential performance."

I accepted your bet on it. It's an active bet. Recorded already.

Er, very obviously your description of me is inaccurate. And I see that you've again refused to explain your rapist thing.

LOL! How is it an active bet? I’m telling you to prove your accusation that I ever posted GDP was primarily based on presidential policy. I’m not speaking of our open bet on 2918 GDP growth

I will post your rapist remarks after you accept a bet on it

@Jack V Savage

He got you.

"I think he's motivated by nothing more than hackery combined with the foolish belief that GDP growth is generally a reflection of presidential performance."

Once Jack has a beef with posters. He does not even keep track of what he posts

@Jack V Savage

He got you.

That's what we're betting on.

http://forums.sherdog.com/threads/boooom-4-1-gdp-us-economy-explodes.3802925/page-7

LOL! How is it an active bet? I’m telling you to prove your accusation that I ever posted GDP was primarily based on presidential policy. I’m not speaking of our open bet on 2918 GDP growth

I will post your rapist remarks after you accept a bet on it

The bet that we made was when you said that growth this year would top any year under Obama because you were attributing it to Trump's awesomeness.

Again, with no context at all and no memory of what the heck you're talking about, how can I bet on it? If you're saying I said something inappropriate, please post it like a man.

http://forums.sherdog.com/threads/boooom-4-1-gdp-us-economy-explodes.3802925/page-7

The bet that we made was when you said that growth this year would top any year under Obama because you were attributing it to Trump's awesomeness.

Again, with no context at all and no memory of what the heck you're talking about, how can I bet on it? If you're saying I said something inappropriate, please post it like a man.
I checked that page and didn't see anywhere that @SBJJ said GDP growth rates were primarily or entirely attributable to presidential performance. Please link to the specific post to which you refer.

Holy shit. You have the balls to call anyone else stupid

I checked that page and didn't see anywhere that @SBJJ said GDP growth rates were primarily or entirely attributable to presidential performance. Please link to the specific post to which you refer.

It’s a lie and you can see he’s now trying to run away from it.

I gave him 10 to 1 odds on a bet.

Oh well

Last edited:

You're playing dumb again. That's what the discussion was about. He believed that Trump had some magical powers over the economy and would be better than any year under Obama. He wasn't looking at any non-political trends and didn't do any analysis.

You're playing dumb again. That's what the discussion was about. He believed that Trump had some magical powers over the economy and would be better than any year under Obama. He wasn't looking at any non-political trends and didn't do any analysis.
I don't think that's accurate. I seem to recall him citing the predictions of analysts.

LOFL!!

Had nothing to do with magical powers. It was a combination of events before Trump and some influence of new policy. I believe I am on record that 2019 GDP growth has a chance of dropping significantly

Not a good look dude. Not a good look at all

Anyway, I think everyone can see that you totally ruined the discussion by tagging that idiot (did you read the surname discussion?). And I think that's exactly why you did it.

Anyway, I think everyone can see that you totally ruined the discussion by tagging that idiot (did you read the surname discussion?). And I think that's exactly why you did it.

Everyone minus the half of posters you ignore and the other 20% you do nothing but insult

The problem with Jack is he is much like the poker player who only remembers the bad beats. But never the river card that hits for him

He does not even realize how many insults he throws out in threads. His original insult to me in this room has been quoted. And I was not even in the room. Then he plays this “you are undignified” routine when others fire back. Or he at times is just reduced to lying

That "idiot" is the favorite to win his bet against you. That fact appears to be driving you insane.

As for the surname discussion, I seem to recall that he brainfarted and confused the word "surname" for "pseudonym" or "alias"? What's the big deal?

I tagged him originally because he is likely to beat you and thereby take your bet thread virginity. Puts things in context. Not taking anything away from your extremely likely victory over me, congrats again BTW.

That "idiot" is the favorite to win his bet against you. That fact appears to be driving you insane.

As for the surname discussion, I seem to recall that he brainfarted and confused the word "surname" for "pseudonym" or "alias"? What's the big deal?

I tagged him originally because he is likely to beat you and thereby take your bet thread virginity. Puts things in context. Not taking anything away from your extremely likely victory over me, congrats again BTW.

What is weird is I have stayed quiet on that bet despite the fact I’m likely to win it. And as always I would take the win and not hold him to any sig or whatever it is. I honestly don’t know and don’t care what the actual bet was(3,6 month, whatever)

I agree this seems to be driving him a bit crazy. Oh well

Last edited:
It was a solid attempt to drive the spotlight away from his own embarrassing loss.
God, to spend all that time trying to finagle a bet, then proclaim victory prematurely, then get trounced.
You just know it tastes like someone shit right in his mouth.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back