• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Media The video sequence where Glover goes for the guillotine

I don't think Jiri was as hurt as it looked on 1st watch, and Glover thought he was out of it and was gonna just follow him to the ground. Plus Jiri had already closed the distance and grabbed hold of him, this isn't a total retard move as I first thought.

I can kind of see why Glover went for the guillotine. Jiri was hunched over with his neck in front of Glover for the taking and Glover’s grappling instincts naturally kicked in. Bad decision for sure but training sometimes leads to moments like this.

Fatigue apparently lowers your IQ by about 100pts.
Maybe not by 100, but it definitely drops it. You ever see the studies of what happens to peoples cognitive ability when sleep deprived? It absolutely plummets at a certain hour mark when fatigue is setting in. Gotta imagine when you're completely out of oxygen and probably concussed your thought process probably isn't exactly well oiled.

Wild fight. Still cant believe Glover stole defeat from the clutches of victory.

I don't think Jiri was as hurt as it looked on 1st watch, and Glover thought he was out of it and was gonna just follow him to the ground. Plus Jiri had already closed the distance and grabbed hold of him, this isn't a total retard move as I first thought.

He seemed almost knocked out on his feet.

Even after he landed on top of Glover his head rested on his chest like he was still out of it.

glover aint no ortega that is for sure.

i mean jiri wasn’t hurt THAT bad. it’s not like one more punch would have guaranteed glover a win

I can kind of see why Glover went for the guillotine. Jiri was hunched over with his neck in front of Glover for the taking and Glover’s grappling instincts naturally kicked in. Bad decision for sure but training sometimes leads to moments like this.

Had that happened earlier in the fight when both guys were dry, could’ve worked maybe?

Hindsight is always 20/20. It looked like a bad move to go for the guillotine because it ultimately failed.
They both did some questionable things that us armchair critics will cry about.

Back