the undercards for dela houa forbes were brilliant

Dit365

Purple Belt
Reaction score
i have to say i was very impressed by some of the undercard fighters

especially victor ortiz he looked great . he defense even if he did get hit by a flash knock out was very impressive , he showed great power and composure

Daniel Jacobs also looked like he could be a real talent his amateur record is insane , and that body shot hook combo was sick granted his opponent wasn't exactly world class

Thats great to hear.

Daniel Jacobs I think has a very bright future.

Any other notable names on the undercard?

victor ortiz he could be a champion by the end of 2009imo cause te light welter weight division is pretty thin and he's got great talent knocked out carlos Maussa in the first round , who took hatton the 9 round and made him look bad .

Danny Garcia is also a prospect they spoke about but i wasn't really too impressed by him the guy he fought was like a featherweight fighting against a welter weight

Not sure about Ortiz. He's been protected so far.

Not sure about Ortiz. He's been protected so far.

HE'S just 21

how can you call him protected he's still a kid

maussa's a pretty good fighter for a 20 years old to knock out in the first round . he was the wba champion a few years ago

He's being lined up for a title fight. I don't care if you're fifteen. You're judging against the men you're mentioned alongside, and Ortiz is not up to scratch so far.

And Maussa was paid to go in and lay down. He did just that.

Tam-Tam you call everyone protected

it ridiculous to call him protected there bring him up through the ranks and building him at a very fast pace frankly .

He's being lined up for a title fight. I don't care if you're fifteen. You're judging against the men you're mentioned alongside, and Ortiz is not up to scratch so far.

And Maussa was paid to go in and lay down. He did just that.

wtf are you for real

ortiz is being mentioned along side other prospects like berto and jacabs

not ricky hatton and witter

Just because you say that I call everyone protected, doesn't mean I do, or that you can back up that statement.

i wish more of these fights would make the broadcast.

might be time for another retirement announcement

Ortiz isn't being brought along "fast". Maussa's shot even for not being a very good Fighter to begin with, he's lost his last 3 fights, and two of them pretty badly. Victor's also fought a lot of fights in the Southwest territory, which is known for soft competition. Emmanuel Clottey is the only other stand-out name, and he's not much to brag about beating these days. Victor's competition has been moderate, but it should be very obvious to anyone he's not ready for Title Contention.

You have got to love Garcia and Jacobs, they are fighting every month and blowing people out. Can't wait for them to step up and get an espn2 or a showbox showcase next year.

Daniel Jacobs was the dark guy with Corn Rows from NY yea??

He was the best I think! I know we barely got to see him but he looked the best talen, Ortiz was caught too much!

Ortiz isn't being brought along "fast". Maussa's shot even for not being a very good Fighter to begin with, he's lost his last 3 fights, and two of them pretty badly. Victor's also fought a lot of fights in the Southwest territory, which is known for soft competition. Emmanuel Clottey is the only other stand-out name, and he's not much to brag about beating these days. Victor's competition has been moderate, but it should be very obvious to anyone he's not ready for Title Contention.

HE'S 21 fighting someone who was a champion less than 2 years ago at 20 is hardly slow .

no one ever said he was ready for title just yet , i for was impressed by his skills and think he has the potential to be a champion by the end of 2009 the light welter division is every thin

little off the topic

just saw on boxrec that Jean Pascal is fighting Fulgencio Zuniga that will be a great step up for him .

i love seeing these prospects step up

Back