The UFC is charging an extra $5 for UFC 220. What a f****** joke

That fight is on the card because the first fight was a bullshit stoppage. The fight was a banger till it ended unfairly by the ref. Cant believe no one mentioned it.<JerryWWF>

what was the stoppage?

edit: nevermind, found it.

Quality of the product keeps going down, price still goes up.

Sounds about right.

What the fuck is this shit Sean Shelby?!?!? Get real Dana. And the UFC has upped the price on this shit to $65!?
Not sure if trolling or stupid. The fight was rebooked because it was a bullshit stoppage -- and an insane fight up to the stoppage.

I dont get why people need to shit on others for something that effects us all. Yes its only 5 bucks but the fact that cards are getting worse not better says a lot about how the ufc views its fanbase. If they want to keep doing PPVs make it worth our money. The 5 fight main card must have all top 10 matchups for a PPV, only way its worth it.

PPV prices have historically gone for 30 to 40/45 to 50/55 to 55/60 to now 65. Not to mention some of the recent Floyd bouts which have been 75/100 but were still an anomaly, but its always a gradual increase to normalizing what should be unimaginable prices.

PPV prices have historically gone for 30 to 40/45 to 50/55 to 55/60 to now 65. Not to mention some of the recent Floyd bouts which have been 75/100 but were still an anomaly, but its always a gradual increase to normalizing what should be unimaginable prices.
That doesnt justify trying to charge more for an inferior product. If the cards were getting better, you would have an argument for this. I get inflation and everything but when it comes to supply and demand and Im controlling the demand side, I will do so with my wallet and not pay for this PPV. And no I dont live in my moms basement and ordered 4 PPVs last year. The ones that were worth it.

That doesnt justify trying to charge more for an inferior product. If the cards were getting better, you would have an argument for this. I get inflation and everything but when it comes to supply and demand and Im controlling the demand side, I will do so with my wallet and not pay for this PPV. And no I dont live in my moms basement and ordered 4 PPVs last year. The ones that were worth it.

What the f are you talking about? How am i justifying the increase prices? It should have been obvious what i was suggesting there. The increases seem small, but cumulatively they've doubled and tripled the average price for PPVs.

What the f are you talking about? How am i justifying the increase prices? It should have been obvious what i was suggesting there. The increases seem small, but cumulatively they've doubled and tripled the average price for PPVs.
Sorry I must have misread your comment, it looked like you were trying to justify the price increase but looks like your last sentence counter acts that. I think the floyd comment threw me off as you were justifying the price increase.

That's the fight that Herb Dean stopped way too early (I think he admitted it himself afterwards) and so they booked an immediate rematch.

uBlockOrigin is a fantastic ad blocker
Good to know.

I usually go to the bar but it is cold as fuck here so nice to have a stay home option, you know hypothetically if I wanted to watch some soccer or something...

If the UFC wants me to start shelling out 65 dollars to buy a ppv they need to build stronger cards. I used to buy most but now probably only 3 a year.

I used to go to the bar but my only option that isn’t over 30 minutes away is fucking Applebee’s which I already hate enough.... but it’s always completely packed and full of douchbags. If someone else opened a sports bar around here they would do great, there’s plenty of people round here.

That's the fight that Herb Dean stopped way too early (I think he admitted it himself afterwards) and so they booked an immediate rematch.

Had to invoke the "Do Over! Let Them Bang (Again!)" Protocol.

I remember when they was under $30 and took place on Fridays and only had 5-6 events a year and people still streamed the shit out of their events.

I remember when they boosted it up to $60, and said it wasn't going to be permanent.

"Only $5 more"

thanks to the brothers over the pond that let me watch BT sports

I can afford it, but won’t be paying for it. Not a fan of price gouging.

I personally don't have $780 ($65 X 12) of income that I'm willing to put towards UFC PPVs. Most expensive sport to be a fan of.

Back