The UFC doesn’t owe GSP a thing

• Thread starter Deleted member 359865
  • Start date
You’re ranting against a point no one is making. Particularly not GSP.

GSP was owed something. Just not what he asked. He should have been able to walk into 170 and cut the line for a title shot. He himself said he only wanted to do different shit from what he had done before.

GSP saved MW.

Bisping had no intention of fighting the top MW's below him.

He was going to get GSP and if not Woodley or Diaz. Had he beat GSP he would have asked for Woodley in a super fight next.

GSP beating Bisping and immediately handing the belt to the top contenders returned the division to normal.

And @Superlative, GSP has never said the UFC owes him anything. He is basically a retired big name fighter who says 'these are the legacy fights I am interested in if the UFC wants to give them to me.'. The UFC said no, and GSP said 'ok, no hard feelings' and he retired again. That is how it works. GSP can say who he is willing to fight and the UFC has the power to say yes or no.
Bisping was quoted as saying he was going to fight Romero, but then GSP came along and he had to get knee surgery and then there was a interim fight while Bisping was healthy. GSP incentivized Bisping to find even more reasons to avoid the real top MWs.

Lol guy hides for years then is gifted a MW title shot against one of the most overrated MW champs of all time. To add, he doesn’t defend the belt and now he deserves a shot over legitimate contenders at Khabib for absolutely no reason....and some of y’all AGREE? Lmao!!
Bisping was the champ whether sherdog says so or not, GSP beat him. Who was he hiding from?

Bisping was the champ whether sherdog says so or not, GSP beat him. Who was he hiding from?
I’m not saying he was hiding from competition he just had the whole weird pseudo retirement and really thought that this whole cherry picking thing would continue to this day. Until he admitted that the UFC caught on to him trying to take advantage of their business model

Bisping was quoted as saying he was going to fight Romero, but then GSP came along and he had to get knee surgery and then there was a interim fight while Bisping was healthy. GSP incentivized Bisping to find even more reasons to avoid the real top MWs.
Yoel was having to wage a massive public campaign to get Bisping to even talk about him. Of course Bisping cannot say "I will never fight Yoel" when he is a top contender. Of course he will say "I will fight Yoel or any contender" but the fact is that Bisping was angling for any fights but his top contenders. He was angling for GSP and Woodley and there is no reason to believe that had he beat GSP, he would not have pushed for 'super fight' with Woodley next. And I am betting retiring after that.

GSP quickly and cleanly returned the MW division to normal and put the belt in contention amongst all the top contenders where it belonged.

I’m not saying he was hiding from competition he just had the whole weird pseudo retirement and really thought that this whole cherry picking thing would continue to this day. Until he admitted that the UFC caught on to him trying to take advantage of their business model
lol 4 years of "pseudo retirement".
<TheWire1>
You are a clown.

no one does pseudo retirement for 4 years risking all the ring rust and other issues.
Lmao Dan Severn, Ken Shamrock, Brock Lesnar, BJ Penn, Chuck Liddell...shall I continue...I can tell youre either new to the sport or delusional

GSP helped build the UFC. Do they owe him anything? I don't really know what that means.

Lmao Dan Severn, Ken Shamrock, Brock Lesnar, BJ Penn, Chuck Liddell...shall I continue...I can tell youre either new to the sport or delusional
The problem is you are not comprehending the point. I am not saying no one unretires after 4 years. Athletes make come backs all the time.

The POINT you are missing is the retirement is real when they do it. They do not have a plan to come back. BUt they later change their mind. The pull to compete, the pull to often finish your career a different way, can be immense on someone who has competed all their lives.

Back