The UFC booking short notice fights is an insult to Jon Jones

Corrado Soprano

Double Yellow Card
Double Yellow Card
Reaction score
The UFC needs to stop booking short notice fights. Islam/Volk & Khamzat/Usman were booked last minute and the fighters are getting praise for accepting these bouts last minute. This needs to stop. Every time a fight is booked last minute, it insults UFC GOAT Jon Jones.

Jon Jones was once suppose to fight Dan Henderson at UFC 151. Henderson pulled out and Jon was offered Chael Sonnen last minute. Jones declined and the entire event was cancelled and Jones was abused by fans and media for his decisions.

The UFC needs to stop replacing injured fighters with new opponents because it’s a constant reminder of how Jon Jones didn’t accept a last minute opponent. It’s unfair to Jon and he deserves better. Thoughts?

giphy.gif

I mean look at it this way, don't you find it a bit disturbing that the ufc wasn't prioritizing back up fights at the time. Now of days if both fighters don't fight they have an entire different fight to take its place. So in a way you have Jon to thank for that.

Anyways.... On topic.... Dana might be sending Jon a message by doing these last minute replacements ;)

Yeah we remember but let’s be honest, that fight with Hendo would have probably been the most lopsided title fight ever and he ended up squashing Chael later.

I lol’d. One day we might need a new category for short notice/late replacement GOAT. I wonder who would hold the title..

The UFC needs to stop booking short notice fights. Islam/Volk & Khamzat/Usman were booked last minute and the fighters are getting praise for accepting these bouts last minute. This needs to stop. Every time a fight is booked last minute, it insults UFC GOAT Jon Jones.

Jon Jones was once suppose to fight Dan Henderson at UFC 151. Henderson pulled out and Jon was offered Chael Sonnen last minute. Jones declined and the entire event was cancelled and Jones was abused by fans and media for his decisions.

The UFC needs to stop replacing injured fighters with new opponents because it’s a constant reminder of how Jon Jones didn’t accept a last minute opponent. It’s unfair to Jon and he deserves better. Thoughts?

I agree with you wholeheartedly.

All the LHW contenders refused to fight Jones on 4 weeks notice at UFC 152 and got not an ounce of public shame. While Jones was crucified for not fighting a new opponent on 1 weeks notice. What Dana did to Jones and Jackson was wrong.

Fans demanded Jones fight Sonnen because they thought he was scared and he clapped Chaels cheeks. Justice was done. It's been 11 years.

Back