• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

"The truth is, I am not fat. No one IS fat. It's not something you can BE,"

While I certainly do not condone embarrassing someone publicly for their weight, I also do not condone teaching our kids being over weight is ok if they have the power to do something about it.

We seem to have no problem or issue pushing kids to be their best intellectually, to strive for good grades and to NOT accept mediocrity when it comes to learning. We want the kids to strive for excellence. Few tell kids you are ok the way you are so don't worry about trying to learn more or to push your boundaries. But sadly when it comes to being over weight there seems to be far too many who think pushing your kid to achieve excellence is a bad thing simply because the kid might struggle or fall short. Imagine if the same parents took that tact with education and because a kid might fall short of excellence they told them it was ok to not try.

Whether it is intellect or fitness kids should be pushed to challenge their boundaries and not accept mediocrity. The very real potential outcome of failure should never be a reason to not push that kid. Learning to deal with that failure provides far more valuable lessons than avoiding it.

h0s0F.gif

Chris Farley kills me every time, dude is hysterical

What kills me is that the same group of people condoning people being severely obese are the same people who are trying to ban sugary drinks and strictly regulate school lunches.

This is the kind of stupidity that needs to stop right here and now. While @Jack Reacheround correctly points out that this is a small group of people pushing this narrative that "you can be healthy at any weight," a factually incorrect statement, this is a vocal group with a platform and an audience. It starts off like this, positioning itself as a movement built on acceptance and love of everyone, and then it becomes larger than that. It turns into demonizing people who don't share your views, creating a culture where impressionable people believe the bullshit being spouted. If people go on giving this stupidity a voice to spare some fatass' feelings, they are doing it at the expense of the future health of those who should grow up hating the idea of being fat because it's so bad for them and the others around them.

Listen up fatties, science says you suck:

http://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJMoa1614362?query=featured_home&

Article in the New England Journal of Medicine: "Health Effects of Overweight and Obesity in 195 countries over 25 years".

Guess what? Being fat causes more deaths than car crashes, terror attacks, and Alzheimer's combined.

This is a normal liver:

LIVER002.jpg

This is the liver of a [Gunnery Sgt Hartman]DISGUSTING FAT-BODY[/Gunnery Sgt Hartman]:

dt_1501001_fatty_liver_800x600.jpg

You are not healthy. You are not normal.

0Is8sg7.jpg

This is the kind of stupidity that needs to stop right here and now. While @Jack Reacheround correctly points out that this is a small group of people pushing this narrative that "you can be healthy at any weight," a factually incorrect statement, this is a vocal group with a platform and an audience. It starts off like this, positioning itself as a movement built on acceptance and love of everyone, and then it becomes larger than that. It turns into demonizing people who don't share your views, creating a culture where impressionable people believe the bullshit being spouted. If people go on giving this stupidity a voice to spare some fatass' feelings, they are doing it at the expense of the future health of those who should grow up hating the idea of being fat because it's so bad for them and the others around them.
Yeah, I agree. Look at how much traction that flat Earth shit got.

Yeah, I agree. Look at how much traction that flat Earth shit got.
I was just talking to my wife about this: ignorance preys on ignorance. Look no further than cults and how they form. Ignorant people who believe dumb stuff propagate their ignorance around like a cancer. Eventually, you wind up with a society who believes things that are verifiably wrong. It's bad for the whole society, so we really shouldn't be tolerant of this kind of stupidity.

What does Gay Jesus have to do with obesity? Is semen high in calories?

This bullshit needs to stop. That said, I think it's a very small minority of people who are trying to push this agenda. We just focus on it because we hate it, and it's fun to bitch about. But really, it's just like the social justice warriors thing - a very vocal few people take political correctness too far, and everyone decides it's an epidemic.

This. Even among the very liberal, it's probably 5% of THAT population who believes things like this, and that there is no gender, etc.

I was just talking to my wife about this: ignorance preys on ignorance. Look no further than cults and how they form. Ignorant people who believe dumb stuff propagate their ignorance around like a cancer. Eventually, you wind up with a society who believes things that are verifiably wrong. It's bad for the whole society, so we really shouldn't be tolerant of this kind of stupidity.
Yep

http://www.oregonlive.com/pacific-n...f/2017/05/transgender_oregon_drivers_lic.html

I've actually used this in a reverse way. I've told my gf it's not ok to get fat. She said I should love her no matter what she is or whatever. I said being fat is not who you are. It's not your identity. It's a choice and a weakness. As well as a sickness.

we need to stop giving disability and handicapped placards to merely fat people too

park in the rear and walk your heft to the store, burn some calories

I agree with the mom, fat people are often much healthier than skinny people anyway, that's a fact.

Human psychology is predictable.

On one hand, you need to make appropriate personal choices. On the other hand, chemists and psychologists/advertising consultants make millions by finding new, creative ways to get people to make choices that are unhealthy.

And of course fat shaming tends to
make people eat more, not exercise more, so the cycle continues. Being "supportive" by telling people they're beautiful even when they aren't doesn't help either.

People get ultra rich on this shit. It's a good racket. Invest if you can.

Can you imagine the stock market changes if 90% of Americans started making healthy choices? Shieeeeet

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RuralAttacker25
Back