The time is now for GSP vs Khabib (LW, Catchweight or WW)

Should UFC do GSP/Khabib next? (LW, Catch or WW)

• Total voters

Jon Stark

King in the North
Platinum Member
Reaction score
Khabib hates the UFC, has 1 fight left and will not compete again until the summer/fall after serving his full suspension. I bet if the UFC signed Khabib vs GSP for the LW belt for May/June, Khabib would serve his community service, a full press tour, hype train build up could happen the next 3-4 months and the fans would be happy!!! Let's do the right thing UFC and quit stalling the division. I would even accept a non-title fight at 165 or WW and have Tony/Conor/Cowboy/Poirer to an interim. Let the men fight!!!!!!

No thanks. Khabib should fight Tony next. I don't want GSP anywhere near another title he's just going to vacate again

Khabib vs Tony
GSP vs Whitaker or Yoel

How GSP is going to fit his HGH belly in LW?

no, at 155lbs only

3 divisions champ or not worth it imo.

Last edited:
A fighter with one defence that many saw as a unification fight vs a guy with one win in 5 years who has 0 fights at LW and who we know has no intention of defending when he wins.
Yeah I’m alright, GSP should go fight Woodley.

Ali has said the next fight is Tony.

I think 37-year old GSP would still be a tougher fight for Khabib than Tony, even at 155. But still, Khabib has to defend the belt against the #1 contender. Fuck this 'superfight' bullshit. The real superfight is Khabib v Tony.

What is wrong with all you MORONS who want to drag out old, retired Champions as if they still had the same skills and strengths they had five years ago? GSP vs Khabib would prove NOTHING. They are champs from different eras. You are probably the same morons that paid to see Liddell vs Ortiz.

TS has one of the dumbest usernames on this site and that's saying something.

no, at 155lbs only

3 divisions champ or not worth it imo.

This ^.
Also, "khabib hates the ufc" wtf? putting words in peoples mouths causes a great deal of problems in the world, cut the shit.

They're both effectively welterweights, one hasn't never fought at lightweight I don't think and the other barely ever makes weight at lightweight, so just catch weight it so that neither guy has an excuse, it'll also keep GSP from another trophy belt he has no intention of defending.

165 or 170 would be the ideal. I want to see both fighters in top shape without suffering from the weight cut.

I'm thinking GSP only returns for a big money fight against a legend type who is over 35 years old.

Sure.
  • Khabib v GSP, whatever weight, money fight.
  • Conor v whoever (Cowboy? sure), whatever weight, money fight.
  • Ferguson v Poirier for the LW belt
  • Al I gets a warm-up fight but is penciled in for the next title shot
What's not to like?

Nah, Lightweight is just fine being the absolute clusterfuck it is.
or.
GSP versus Iaquinta for the interim belt to the interim belt.

Back