• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Law The Supreme Court overturns ruling which allows people to own bump stocks

Hmm, I still find plenty to discuss. My primary interests are just always geared and focused on the strength of the country's agriculture, energy, and industrial sectors - the pillars of modern human civilization itself - with additional emphasis placed on our national security, conservation of our natural resources, and the health of our cultural and scientific institutions. I also love talking about the Framers and Bill of Rights in a general sense, as well as my favorite states (Zona, NoDak, Wyo) which are conveniently tied into the aforementioned in various ways. The likelihood of anybody else starting these threads was very, very low and people could learn a great deal.

But obviously we should mine and drill the fuck out of that land, and open it up for strip malls and Wal Marts.
Some people won’t like it—but why even talk to the other side about that?
<BC1>

Obviously I don’t really feel that way.
People should have that debate for the same reason we debate guns and the same reason we debate anything.

You find plenty of other things to discuss because people will discuss them with you. Come on now.

If we're really after protecting people from those types of abusers, maybe they shouldn't be misdemeanors, but instead become felonies. We also release violent criminals with multiple felonies on bail where many continue to commit crimes. Or a minor with a gun-related charge is released to their parents to keep doing what they were charged with.

The folks you mentioned aren't good for the collective, if that's something you're truly concerned with.

I'll concede this point and agree that various circumstances may create special situations that can't be painted with my broad brush.

Individuals make up the collective do they not? A collective is a group of people who share similar views right? I'm not even touching anything on COVID. This discussion doesn't need that gas.

Emotion-based pleas without any thought given to facts and what causes the most harm. Along with a complete disregard for anything not inline with a complete ban of this or that scary looking firearm.
Like, how do you have discourse with someone like him who on one hand says that federal gun laws are "silly" while at the same time wanting more federal gun laws? o_O

So it just the 2nd amendment you don't like.

I have read and reread it many times and the bill of rights and court rulings. It's a "hobby" of mine.

You want to outlaw assault weapons. What is an assault weapon. What function is it the separates it from other weapons and makes it an assault weapon.

I'm not a big Trump fan but compared the creepy Joe, the Ho and the shit the democrats ( most but not all) want I'll take him any day.
So let me get this straight,

Reading the Constitution is just a “Hobby” of yours..

Whereas, @fingercuffs reads the Constitution to better understand building a new life as an American..

Interesting dilemma you two have.

But obviously we should mine and drill the fuck out of that land, and open it up for strip malls and Wal Marts.
Some people won’t like it—but why even talk to the other side about that?
<BC1>

Obviously I don’t really feel that way.
People should have that debate for the same reason we debate guns and the same reason we debate anything.

You find plenty of other things to discuss because people will discuss them with you. Come on now.

They'll discuss them (sort of), but there's not a whole lot in the way of debate. Any chance of that is pretty much pre-emptively crushed right from the jump -- and that's relatively easy because they're largely non-partisan national interests that are of fundamental and existential importance to the nation. To be clear, my dismissive attitude in regards to 2A debate has as much to do with my own extreme and radical views as anything else. There's no point in discourse with me.

They'll discuss them (sort of), but there's not a whole lot in the way of debate. Any chance of that is pretty much pre-emptively crushed right from the jump -- and that's relatively easy because they're largely non-partisan national interests that are of existential importance to the nation. To be clear, my dismissive attitude in regards to 2A debate has as much to do with my own extreme and radical views as anything else. There's no point in discourse with me.
Gun controlls argue based on emotions, not facts.

Gun controlls argue based on emotions, not facts.

Arizona shifting purple over the last few election cycles and possibly blue in the near future is a serious concern as Californians have poured in and all of the so called "conservative" Hispanics have started to come of voting age. The state legislature remains red in both chambers, but only by a cunt hair at this point. I don't vote, but if I were a single issue voter then the 2A would be my issue.

Arizona shifting purple over the last few election cycles and possibly blue in the near future is a serious concern as Californians have poured in and all of the so called "conservative" Hispanics have started to come of voting age. The state legislature remains red in both chambers, but only by a cunt hair at this point. I don't vote, but if I were a single issue voter then the 2A would be my issue.
I doubt they'll want to ban certain guns based on scary cosmetics like BFoe wants.

Whereas, @fingercuffs reads the Constitution to better understand building a new life as an American..

The week after I became a citizen I bought two copies from a local book shop along with The Federalist Papers. The passport size Constitution and The Declaration of Independence I even have in a frame next to my Joe Biden congratulations on choosing America to be a citizen letter on Whitehouse embossed paper. I got pretty nerdy about The Constitution and American law being I wanted to get 100% on my exam, which I did. I was still swatting up on my notes in the waiting room before my interview nervous as fuck even though I'd studied my ass off.

Him saying I hate the 2nd amendment when I've always said I love that you can protect your property and family by force if necessary is bizarre. When I eventually get round to buying a firearm I will have no hesitation using it if someone breaks into my house.

I went to school when civics classes expected you to read and understand it and lots of other documents. The I took more classes at college (community) as well.

Tells us all about your expert knowledge on this subject. Surely you can educate me on the subject.

The week after I became a citizen I bought two copies from a local book shop along with The Federalist Papers. The passport size Constitution and The Declaration of Independence I even have in a frame next to my Joe Biden congratulations on choosing America to be a citizen letter on Whitehouse embossed paper. I got pretty nerdy about The Constitution and American law being I wanted to get 100% on my exam, which I did. I was still swatting up on my notes in the waiting room before my interview nervous as fuck even though I'd studied my ass off.

Him saying I hate the 2nd amendment when I've always said I love that you can protect your property and family by force if necessary is bizarre. When I eventually get round to buying a firearm I will have no hesitation using it if someone breaks into my house.

Then you understand why the bump stock ban was overturned.

So explain what an assault weapon is what makes it one and why it's not protected by the 2nd.

I'm going by you posting it should not be legal to citizens.

Last edited:
This accessory allows aimed fire at a speed that mimics full auto. I don't necessarily disagree with the decision but it's disingenuous to claim they make no difference.
I've only has the experience of firing select fire weapons a couple times so I'm no expert. But unless you are firing a burst into one target at a time, I don't think full auto is anywhere near the devastating function you think it is while moving from one target to the other while in full auto mode. Semi auto and pulling the trigger while progressing from one target to the other I think is far more accurate.

I went to school when civics classes expected you to read and understand it and lots of other documents. The I took more classes at college (community) as well.

Tells us all about your expert knowledge on this subject. Surely you can educate me on the subject.
Fuck Your Constitution,

I’m Native American…

If you show me your last test scores on the subject matter then I will have to take thought into my pick. But for now I will take @fingercuffs %100 Constitutional Essay over Your Hobby…

Fuck Your Constitution,

I’m Native American…

If you show me your last test scores on the subject matter then I will have to take thought into my pick. But for now I will take @fingercuffs %100 Constitutional Essay over Your Hobby…

You can take whatever you want.
Being a native American doest mean shit to me. It doesn't make you anything special.

And she still hasn't been able to answer my questions.

You can take whatever you want.
Being a native American doest mean shit to me. It doesn't make you anything special.

And she still hasn't been able to answer my questions.
Don’t bother me,

I guess you could say, I’m just here to fuck with the mob and watch them talk about gun control…

I doubt they'll want to ban certain guns based on scary cosmetics like BFoe wants.

It's not something I'd really care to roll the dice on. To me, gun control is about enabling violent criminals and depriving the liberty of law-abiding citizens from exercising an explicitly enumerated constitutional right. It's about stripping the legal authority and means of people from protecting their person, family, and property. It is utterly intolerable, indefensible, and unconscionable on every conceivable level. That's why I compromise on absolutely nothing. As the FPC likes to say: No, Fuck You.

I think there's a lot of nuance involved in the discussion.
A very experienced shooter like Miculek? It makes no sense to use a bump stock.
For some POS trying to kill massed people?
It could be useful. Like that guy in Vegas
Do bump stocks convert civilian rifles into assault rifles(not machineguns)?
I wouldn't say so but it gives them some characteristics of full auto weapons.
Is a full auto or burst capable rifle that much better than a semi auto in a militia/military scenario?
For some situations but not for most.
Should the President be able to ban bump stocks?
Probably not.

All in all I think it was a good SCOTUS decision.
Jerry Micukek is a human machine gun and a freak of nature.

He would 10>8 a bump stock

Then you understand why the bump stock ban was overturned.

So explain what an assault weapon is what makes it one and why it's not protected by the 2nd.

I'm going by you posting it should not be legal to citizens.
I've said multiple times assault style, you keep omitting that. My apologies for not being online at your beck and call 24x7. And multiple times I've said that that technology didn't exist when the 2A was created. Unless you're a terrible shit shot you don't need something like this to protect your family or property. If you need something like this I suggest you take a firearm course. The 2A is awesome and when we buy a firearm I would have no hesitation using it. It does make me laugh that The Mandarin Molester isn't allowed one and isn't allowed to visit 30 odd countries as a convicted felon when we might give him back the nuclear codes and he could be president from Rikers.

Fuck Your Constitution,

I’m Native American…

And everyone's moaning about illegal immigration, lol. And I live on the border of The Mojave in a state which used to be Mexico not too long ago.

I've said multiple times assault style, you keep omitting that. My apologies for not being online at your beck and call 24x7. And multiple times I've said that that technology didn't exist when the 2A was created. Unless you're a terrible shit shot you don't need something like this to protect your family or property. If you need something like this I suggest you take a firearm course. The 2A is awesome and when we buy a firearm I would have no hesitation using it. It does make me laugh that The Mandarin Molester isn't allowed one and isn't allowed to visit 30 odd countries as a convicted felon when we might give him back the nuclear codes and he could be president from Rikers.
And y'all refuse to answer when someone asks what exactly an "assault style" or "assault weapon" is.

Back