• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Law The Supreme Court overturns ruling which allows people to own bump stocks

"Federal law prohibits people who are not mentally competent to make their own decisions, including those with advanced dementia, from buying or owning firearms."
So he has a formal diagnosis of dementia and a judge has deemed him incompetent? Figured that would be bigger news. Or maybe you just don't understand what you are talking about.

@fingercuffs I got to go to bed, but there's a reason why Gun Control is the #1 most easy debate for conservatives to win debates on.. its because liberals have little-to-no arguments for why gun ownership should be restricted/banned.

If you'd like to discuss it privately sometime over PM, that way I won't be publicly arrogant and you won't feel like you are being insulted, I'm game for it. How about you?

Agree or disagree?

It has been addressed and it means what it says. Just because you don't want it to say what it says doesn't mean it doesn't. It's kind of rude and presumptuous to think our culture and traditions need to change because you think they do. It's bigger older and more important than you or me.
I think she is trying to get at if you think that the law should be amended to format technological advancement, or if it can even be amended if that..?

I think she is trying to get at if you think that the law should be amended to format technological advancement, or if it can even be amended if that..?
Bingo. I love our right to protect ourselves, loved ones and property but the 2A didn't include assault style weapons. If we're overturning Roe and that fuck up with IVF then it deserves a look at. Weaponry we have now isn't what was happening then.

Then you should contact your representative and senators. Be the change you want to see.
Just make sure you get permission from your husband first. ;)
I know you're trying to be funny...

So he has a formal diagnosis of dementia and a judge has deemed him incompetent? Figured that would be bigger news. Or maybe you just don't understand what you are talking about.

Well a government offical said he was too addled to be questioned or investigated.

Now he is freezing up on stage and has to be directed how to get off stage.

But he has life time protection unlike the peasants. Same with Trump. I'm going to bet neither has owned a gun most likely.

Bingo. I love our right to protect ourselves, loved ones and property but the 2A didn't include assault style weapons. If we're overturning Roe and that fuck up with IVF then it deserves a look at. Weaponry we have now isn't what was happening then.
More people are murdered annually with hands and feet than "assault style" weapons.

Well a government offical said he was too addled to be questioned or investigated.

But he has life time protection unlike the peasants. Same with Trump. I'm going to bet neither has owned a gun most likely.
So then we agree that he is not prohibited from owning a gun like you said multiple times earlier. Cool.

It's been looked at and we have plenty of regulations now.

I don't care about bump stocks and if they want make a law regulating them u don't care.

What is an assault weapon?

So then we agree that he is not prohibited from owning a gun like you said multiple times earlier. Cool.

Legally he should be as he meets the definition of what I posted. He has been ruled mentally incompetent to be investigated.

Who deemed him to legally not own a firearm like you claimed?

The 2A needs to be addressed. We didn't have the firearm technology we had when it was created. It's wildly outdated.

Not necessary to pass gun laws. The whole "well regulated militia" part.

From immediately after the amendment came into existence till the gun rights act in the 30s there were over 1,000 gun restrictions of all different varieties passed. No 2A rebuttals struck them down. The notion the 2nd is supposed to stop us from highly regulating guns came very long after the amendment.

Who deemed him to legally not own a firearm like you claimed?

I told you a special judicial investigator ruled he was not mentally competent to be investigated for criminal actions. I would say that meets the requirements of what I posted.

I clicked on this thinking “bump stocks” was some new expression for something related to political/market corruption and insider trading.

Legally he should be as he meets the definition of what I posted. He has been ruled mentally incompetent to be investigated.
You realize that it was an investigator that wrote the report where you are getting your bullshit from right? Coincidentally the investigator was investigating. I don't think anyone has ever been "ruled mentally incompetent to be investigated" Being incompetent to stand trial is a real thing that is decided by a judge, not an investigator. You really just don't understand what you are trying to discuss. Here is the actual quote from the report.

When then-special counsel Robert Hur released his February report on President Biden's handling of classified material, Hur assessed that a jury wouldn't be likely to convict Mr. Biden because he'd be seen as a "well-meaning, elderly man with a poor memory."

I told you a special judicial investigator ruled he was not mentally competent to be investigated for criminal actions. I would say that meets the requirements of what I posted.
It doesn't, at all.

So bugger all then. No one has stripped him of his 2A rights to own a firearm, you're plucking it out of thin air.

Back