• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Law The Supreme Court overturns ruling which allows people to own bump stocks

I did. My takeaway is that he's lived in a rough area and he wants to be prepared if something comes up. You took it as he's had a terrible life and he's "scared witless".
And that he has to arm himself to protect himself and others due to his upbringing. Why the fuck would you live in a such a shit area as an adult where your first thought when leaving your house is picking up a firearm?

Why even talk to the others about guns? I genuinely see no point whatsoever in speaking with the others on this topic and will not engage. I'm gonna enjoy my 2A rights and stay living in a constitutional carry state while supporting legislation and organizations that maximize liberty. Alright.

😎

Well I think it's 2 fold. I always think that while I might not be able to win em over maybe I can make them understand a bit better.

I also don't like second ammendment guys being portrayed as just living in fear paranoid types and always feel a need to try and explain and that maybe they will get what I'm saying.

But I can see that isn't going all that great and that she isn't interested in reaching that understanding and thinks that I'm some kind of backwards.

I also don't have much going on at the moment. I'm trying to decide if I should watch that a24 civil war movie but the whole reason I wanted to see it is because I wanted to know what sparked the war and what states were with who and from reviews they don't tell you and it glorifies journalists and seems likely to annoy. But I'm not doing anything else but sitting here so why not I guess.

And that he has to arm himself to protect himself and others due to his upbringing. Why the fuck would you live in a such a shit area as an adult where your first thought when leaving your house is picking up a firearm?

Because its his constitutional right to own and carry a gun anywhere he lives within any of the 50 United States.

Why the fuck would you live in a such a shit area as an adult where your first thought when leaving your house is picking up a firearm?
Some, sadly, have no choice where they live.
Some people don't even think about grabbing a weapon when leaving home. It's ALWAYS with them, home or away - like so many people are with their phones.

Some have no choice where they live.​

Some people don't even think about grabbing a weapon when leaving home. It's ALWAYS with them, home or away - like so many people are with their phones.
I don't have to defend myself and others as he said with my iphone.

Because its his constitutional right to own and carry a gun anywhere he lives within any of the 50 United States.

As a new citizen I'm all about 2nd. I value it. But I'm not some weakling in skid row who has to arm myself setting my foot outside.

Well I think it's 2 fold. I always think that while I might not be able to win em over maybe I can make them understand a bit better.

I also don't like second ammendment guys being portrayed as just living in fear paranoid types and always feel a need to try and explain and that maybe they will get what I'm saying.

But I can see that isn't going all that great and that she isn't interested in reaching that understanding and thinks that I'm some kind of backwards.

I also don't have much going on at the moment. I'm trying to decide if I should watch that a24 civil war movie but the whole reason I wanted to see it is because I wanted to know what sparked the war and what states were with who and from reviews they don't tell you and it glorifies journalists and seems likely to annoy. But I'm not doing anything else but sitting here so why not I guess.

You don't have to explain yourself to me, bro. I'm glad guys like you, spamking, and my spot all engage, and I get a kick out of reading through the occasional firearm threads. I'll gladly discuss guns themselves, I'm just not going to compromise or debate with anybody on anything to do with the 2A. I think it is an absolutely extraordinary right, especially relative to the rest of the world.

I don't have to defend myself and others as he said with my iphone.

Personally, never saw an iphone that protected someone being attacked.

911 response? No comparison, it's never been measured in feet per second.​

Last edited:
You don't have to explain yourself to me, bro. I'm glad guys like you, spamking, and my spot all engage, and I get a kick out of reading through the occasional firearm threads. I'll gladly discuss guns themselves, I'm just not going to compromise or debate with anybody on anything to do with the 2A. I think it is an absolutely extraordinary right, especially relative to the rest of the world.
The 2A needs to be addressed. We didn't have the firearm technology we had when it was created. It's wildly outdated.

The 2A needs to be addressed. We didn't have the firearm technology we had when it was created. It's wildly outdated.

It has been addressed and it means what it says. Just because you don't want it to say what it says doesn't mean it doesn't. It's kind of rude and presumptuous to think our culture and traditions need to change because you think they do. It's bigger older and more important than you or me.

As a new citizen I'm all about 2nd. I value it. But I'm not some weakling in skid row who has to arm myself setting my foot outside.

Funny how you used the word 'weakling' because before the normal availability of guns everyone had to be warry of everyone else who was bigger & stronger.

As a woman, I would think you could relate to that fear.

And that's why I'm in favor of every woman of age carrying a firearm.

The national rape statistics would go into freefall within weeks.

It has been addressed and it means what it says. Just because you don't want it to say what it says doesn't mean it doesn't. It's kind of rude and presumptuous to think our culture and traditions need to change because you think they do. It's bigger older and more important than you or me.
Older being the operative and my entire point. We didn't have the weaponry that we have now. Only a luddite wouldn't understand basic technology evolving.

*sigh*

Now you're digging up old talking points that have been debunked for over a decade now.

Older being the operative and my entire point. We didn't have the weaponry that we have now. Only a luddite wouldn't understand basic technology evolving.

I understand it evolving, I just don't think that's a problem nor do I think that matters much to what the ammendment says.

So you're for disarming the black population to be at the mercy of an armed police force?

<JonesLaugh>

Then you should contact your representative and senators. Be the change you want to see.
Just make sure you get permission from your husband first. ;)

Back