• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

The Striking of Conor McGregor (with GIF's) -- RETRO BUMP

Good thread TS!! I love finding new content thru sherdog forums!!!

I think it is funny how you highlight his striking and say how great it is but in the first gif you can see he was millimeters away from landing a serious eye poke. Cheaters gon' Cheat.

I think it is funny how you highlight his striking and say how great it is but in the first gif you can see he was millimeters away from landing a serious eye poke. Cheaters gon' Cheat.
He pushes Brimage's head away to reset quicker. I could make a slower gif of this moment to show this if you want, but just look again. It wouldn't make sense for him to make a first there, it wasn't a strike.

McGregor has that certain flash and style that could make him a potential superstar someday. He could be to Ireland what Bisping is to England.

too early to tell he will be a dominant champion, but he can become a pretty big name in his country.

Although Brimage came out very aggressive, Conor looked calm and relaxed and didn't rush things. Plus, those uppercuts were vicious.

I really like those kinda threads,too bad we cant see too much of them here...thanks TS good job

524832_10151369064466433_235587019_n.jpg

Akira is not impressed.

Akira is the perfect next fight for Conor, I think Akira would also get finished in the first round.

Make it happen Joe Silva

Conor is going to be a UFC champ in either 145, 155, or both. As long as he developes his wrestling to be on par with his striking.

Inb4 twerps with cookie cutter statements like "OMG his hands are down he is going to get knockout".
The fact is that so called "cookie cutter" statement is true. If he keep fighting with his hands down while throwing shots someones gonna catch him, then it becomes a matter of how good his chin is. Having said that I like his striking style, he's gonna have a lot of exciting fights.

I think Akira just wants to get on that card with McGregor for the exposure it will give, can't really blame the guy for trying, calling out a guy like McGregor that has no real rep with the casual fan yet and could potentially make him look as bad as Brimage did takes some balls too.

btw nice gifs, I really like his striking. The slip and counter against Buchinger showed his great instincts too, actually that whole fight was crazy.

Hearns moved like that often...without the kness (sneaky elbows don't count).

looks good against a fighter with shorter reach and height. Great performance, but we'll see till he fights someone better.

good thread

McGregor has a nice little bandwagon right now.

I'll wait for his next fight before I hop on.

The fact is that so called "cookie cutter" statement is true. If he keep fighting with his hands down while throwing shots someones gonna catch him, then it becomes a matter of how good his chin is. Having said that I like his striking style, he's gonna have a lot of exciting fights.

Not necessarily. Everyone gets caught eventually no matter where their hands are. The fact is, keeping his hands low makes it look like he's always open so guys like brimage try to capitalize on false opportunities, which is where his counter-punching comes in. The position of his hands not only baits opponents, it also allows him to threaten with them in unique ways by throwing hard punches (like those uppercuts) from outside the opponent's field of vision. Once again, this enhances his counter-punching. Watch his footwork in the gifs. He's always either hopping back to control the range or pivoting to get an angle (gif of the finish) and as long as he keeps doing these things, he can put his hands basically wherever he wants and be safer than the majority of guys.

Plus the low hands help defend takedowns.

He`s a really talented striker. Does he have any ground game?

Back