the state of Brazilian MMA

skullmaskkid

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
going downhill, is there a savior in sight? People thought RDA was gonna reclaim the glory but he wasn't the one.

If Renato Laranja ever comes to MMA I think he could be the guy.

Lol not this thread again...

BTW it just so happens two new Brazilian champions were crowned two days after RDA lost his belt.

Keep the hate in the closet Xenophobe.

They got Nunes for now.

Jacare
JDS
Werdum
Aldo

All have a chance of winning the belt.

Brazil has a top 5 fighter from all divisions from Heavyweight until Featherweight
They're doing pretty well if you ask me

Lol not this thread again...

BTW it just so happens two new Brazilian champions were crowned two days after RDA lost his belt.

Keep the hate in the closet Xenophobe.

Well technically none at all according to the law of Brasil Wand

Aldo's interim belt doesnt count.

You cant spend half of 2015 saying that an interim title doesnt count, and then suddenly decide that an interim title does count when it suits you.

Nunes title doesnt count

You cant spend all of 2014, 2015 and most of 2016 saying WMMA has no place in the UFC, that the women fighters are slow, have no skills, are boring, have no power, and are basically a joke, and then suddenly decide that WMMA is relevant once theres a Brazilian champion.

So no, by your standards, Brazil has no champions ;)

You cant spend half of 2015 saying that an interim title doesnt count, and then suddenly decide that an interim title does count when it suits you.

Nunes title doesnt count

You cant spend all of 2014, 2015 and most of 2016 saying WMMA has no place in the UFC, that the women fighters are slow, have no skills, are boring, have no power, and are basically a joke, and then suddenly decide that WMMA is relevant once theres a Brazilian champion.

With all due respect Mr. Novitzky, Brasil Wand is not an employee of Zuffa. You can't tell him what he can and can't do.

Nunes title doesnt count

1. It's a universally known FACT that Connie ducked Frankie... If he didn't want to step up and defend his belt, Aldo did and was successful.

4221396001_5029470867001_5029382843001-vs.jpg

2. I'm not a fan of WMMA, but that doesn't change the FACT that Nunes beat the filling out of Cupcake Tate.

4221396001_5029532037001_5029518640001-vs.jpg

1. It's a universally known FACT that Connie ducked Frankie... If he didn't want to step up and defend his belt, Aldo did and was successful.

4221396001_5029470867001_5029382843001-vs.jpg

2. I'm not a fan of WMMA, but that doesn't change the FACT that Nunes beat the filling out of Cupcake Tate.

4221396001_5029532037001_5029518640001-vs.jpg

In a thread not too long ago, when a Scotsman was asked to name 1 good fighter Scotland has produced and the Scotsman named Jojo Calderwood, you responded that WMMA fighters do not count. Can't flip flop just because Brazil's only champ is a woman.

I had high hopes for Yan Cabral (aka "Sleazy Machida" here), so many great fighters praising his ground game (Fabricio Werdum, Ruben Cobrinha, Everaldo Penco, Jose Aldo, etc) apparently he used to submit everyone at Nova Uniao (when the team was at it's best);

he won his 2 first fight in "TUF Brasil 2" but injured his hand an had to leave the house...

I thought it was real bad luck but that he would still get a ticket to the UFC, which he did, but went 2-3 and got released... damn. At least the Zak Cummings decision was very close...

And the most potentially exciting fight (imo) booked was the KJ Noons bout, but then it got scraped when Yan got dengue fever (got it long ago, nightmarish stuff, bad luck).

Since then, didn't spot anyone in particular but I'm way less involved in MMA now so can't follow every prospect...

going downhill, is there a savior in sight? People thought RDA was gonna reclaim the glory but he wasn't the one.
As others have pointed out, Brazil has title challengers in almost every division. Also, I'm not sure why you're suddenly counting RDA out. The guy gets caught with a punch and all of a sudden he's not the one? I suspect that RDA will brutalize Ferguson and be right back in the mix.

Back