The stars seem to be aligning for McGregor/Makhachev

hbombfromhell

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
If Conor loses to Poirier, which is expected, and Makhachev wins his next fight, which is expected, that should put them in the perfect tajectory for the two to finally settle their score. With Khabib in Islam's corner, this could really help Islam's career and help build him as a star as Conor phases out.

I'm sure all the footage to promote the fight would be from UFC 229 and the event would be one of Conor's highest selling ppv's.

As if Conor is going to risk getting done by somebody from the Khabib clan

Why would that make sense? A part time fighter on a losing streak that doesn’t hold any real ranking? Unless Islam just wants money I don’t see why he’s want to fight McGregor if McGregor loses to Dustin again...fight a real top ten contender. Fuck fighting McGregor.

Lol who expects Conor to beat Poirier besides the nuthuggers?

Edit: i read it wrong. I will have more faith in you. Lmao.

Why would that make sense? A part time fighter on a losing streak that doesn’t hold any real ranking? Unless Islam just wants money I don’t see why he’s want to fight McGregor if McGregor loses to Dustin again...fight a real top ten contender. Fuck fighting McGregor.
It makes sense because UFC 229 was the highest selling ppv ever and this would be the sequel.

Islam is also likely to become champ and a win in such a high profile fight would help launch him as a star. Something they need in their money division.

If it makes dollars, it makes perfect cents.

It makes sense because UFC 229 was the highest selling ppv ever and this would be the sequel.

Islam is also likely to become champ and a win in such a high profile fight would help launch him as a star.
So it’s about money?

mcgregor will likely be retired by the time we see islam fight again

They do?

Why would Dana or McGregor want/accept that fight lol

So it’s about money?
For the UFC, absolutely.

Islam is going to become champ anyway, so they may as well use this as the perfect opportunity to build his name recognition to the masses and land one of the highest ppv's ever in the process.

Conor is done. If they want to rehash the UFC 229 post fight brawl, call up Dillon Dannis from Bellator to fight Islam. As unlikeable as Dillon is, he actually has a pretty good ground game.

For the UFC, absolutely.

Islam is going to become champ anyway, so they may as well use this as the perfect opportunity to build his name recognition to the masses and land one of the highest ppv's ever in the process.
Everything you said was about money and fame for Islam. I’m thinking he should go after the belt and a washed up McGregor isn’t a great path.
You also said it would be one of the highest selling PPVs ever. I don’t know about that. Sure it would sell a lot but nobody knows who Islam is. No offense toward the guy intended, he’s just not known by casuals and doesn’t have a highlight real against known fighters for them to pull from.

If Conor loses to Poirier, which is expected, and Makhachev wins his next fight, which is expected, that should put them in the perfect tajectory for the two to finally settle their score. With Khabib in Islam's corner, this could really help Islam's career and help build him as a star as Conor phases out.

I'm sure all the footage to promote the fight would be from UFC 229 and the event would be one of Conor's highest selling ppv's.

That's all Conor has now tbh. He won't be touching titles or title shots ever again.

If Conor loses to Poirier again, that will be 2 losses in a row for Conor. If Makhachev wins his next fight, that will be 8 wins in a row. I don't see how this puts them both on a trajectory to face each other.

Conor isn't fighting Islam. If Islam stays healthy (BIG IF). He'll be champ by this time next year.

They do?

Why would Dana or McGregor want/accept that fight lol
McGregor is basically done. Why would Dana give a shit about protecting him now? He’s got 2 fights left, 3 max. Using his name to build up a new star would be smart. Dana should be all for this

Back