The search function sucks...

B

Brand Nizzel

Sherdoggers and mods are so quick to throw around the "use the search function, noob" remark. However, maybe they don't notice it as well, but the search function fucking sucks, it barely works. For example, I just tried to use the search function for a specific thread

http://www.sherdog.net/forums/showthread.php?t=758680&page=3&nojs=1#goto_threadtools

On the first page the slur "porch monkey" is used. I copied and pasted that into the "search this thread" function and it came back with no results. Same with the word "porch" and "monkey". No results. (I know it is offensive slur, I am just useing as an example).

Numerous times I've DIRECTLY QUOTED threads and no results come up in the search function. When the search function does work it brings back such a mass of unreleated threads that its a bitch to use. Seriously, a programmer needs to re-design/filter the search function so it can work more effeciently, in the mean time sherdoggers/mods can stop being so annoying with the "use the search function noob" shit

Sherdoggers and mods are so quick to throw around the "use the search function, noob" remark. However, maybe they don't notice it as well, but the search function fucking sucks, it barely works. For example, I just tried to use the search function for a specific thread

http://www.sherdog.net/forums/showthread.php?t=758680&page=3&nojs=1#goto_threadtools

On the first page the slur "porch monkey" is used. I copied and pasted that into the "search this thread" function and it came back with no results. Same with the word "porch" and "monkey". No results. (I know it is offensive slur, I am just useing as an example).

Numerous times I've DIRECTLY QUOTED threads and no results come up in the search function. When the search function does work it brings back such a mass of unreleated threads that its a bitch to use. Seriously, a programmer needs to re-design/filter the search function so it can work more effeciently, in the mean time sherdoggers/mods can stop being so annoying with the "use the search function noob" shit

you might have not noticed but the whole forum is a mess now

Back